Notices
ScoobyShop / ScoobyNetPlus Discussions relating to ScoobyShop and the ScoobyNetPlus Membership

what's the incentive for re-joining as a SN+ member?

Old 06 February 2005, 08:24 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's the incentive for re-joining as a SN+ member?

NOT a snotty question, but I've just noticed my SN+ status maust have ran out (no notification BTW)

However, my question is regarding the incentives to re-join?

Obviously, for an initial member, £25 for the card, discounts etc is a good deal. However, I've not used the discounts all year, but the KeyRing was inspired genius - I love it!

SO, is the SN+ really just for people who want to take advantage of the discounts?

What about those who don't use that service?

Like I said though, I'm not having a go - but I'm finding it difficult to justfiy £25 for the 2nd year, when I don't need 2 keyrings

Dan
Old 07 February 2005, 06:20 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offence taken mate.

Ok...

Apart from a new keyring and stickers , you will receive.....

Massive discounts on Scoobyshop
Entrance to FREE SNPLUS exclusive competitions (one is due to happen very soon)
Entry to other areas on SN
Enhanced profile on SN
Stand proud at knowing that you are helping to keep SN alive!

Other benefits as and when they become available.

P.S. Apologies for the lack of warning about your membership expiry.... due to a technical problem it was not sent.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 08 February 2005, 10:32 AM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Will we really receive another Keyring and stickers?

Perhaps it is worthwhile having a 'renewal' fee at less than the initial joining fee? I too love the keyring (but do I really need another?) and have posted in the subscriber only sections (for sale being the only one of real use - I could live without the others) but am another who has never made use of the discounts (the things I've bought haven't been in Scooby Shop - either I've bought thru group buys or from suppliers who have been willing to give discounts anyway). I've never used the stickers either.

I've noticed a lot of SN+ banners seem to be disappearing...maybe others are thinking the same way. Surely it would be better to have more subscribers at a lower renewal than less at more?
Old 08 February 2005, 03:20 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Trashman

Perhaps it is worthwhile having a 'renewal' fee at less than the initial joining fee? I too love the keyring (but do I really need another?) and have posted in the subscriber only sections (for sale being the only one of real use - I could live without the others) but am another who has never made use of the discounts (the things I've bought haven't been in Scooby Shop - either I've bought thru group buys or from suppliers who have been willing to give discounts anyway). I've never used the stickers either.

I've noticed a lot of SN+ banners seem to be disappearing...maybe others are thinking the same way. Surely it would be better to have more subscribers at a lower renewal than less at more?
Ditto what he said
Old 08 February 2005, 05:05 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Fair point...

The only way we could do this is by having the ability to join without the keyring, stickers etc as an option, but to be honest (and I know this would happen) is that people would choose the wrong one and then want it changed etc.

Maybe have a discount for multiple years purchase perhaps (which means the card would last for that period).

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 08 February 2005, 05:18 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
people would choose the wrong one and then want it changed etc.
Sheesh you'll be suggesting next that non members always complain they haven't got their packs

Maybe worth looking into the multiple years thing - TBH at less than 50p a week I'm not moaning. Maybe worth looking at how the members only forums might add more value. How about @Scoobynet email addresses? Just thinking how some member sites try and add in more.

Time to unravel the success which is Super Muppets?
Old 08 February 2005, 05:31 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Trashman,
You WOULDNT believe how many of those complaints we get... seriously!!!

Good point about the sn email address and something we could look in to.

Anymore ideas are welcome. But remember the saying "you can have anything as long as your prepared to pay for it", so no FREE subaru's with every SNPLUS signup please.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 11 February 2005, 08:29 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

That reminds me Shaun Can you remind me of my SNET Email password
Old 11 February 2005, 09:00 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Phil,

We have yet to move the email server up from London, at which point I will be able to get access to it to give you your password. As to when this is going to get done I wont lie, as I do not know at present. As soon as this is sorted I will be in touch.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 11 February 2005, 09:03 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Ok Mate
Old 11 April 2005, 01:36 AM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Hmm - a pertinent thread, seeing as my SN+ subs has just run out.

I've made use of the discounts once (d/pipe and backbox from SdB's Scoobysport), but generally have found that group buys offer better value; Never posted in any of the subscribed to sections; I love the keyring, but don't need another, and the stickers I received are still stuck to their backing paper.

I'd gladly renew my subscription, but £25 is a bit steep. Call it £15 and I'm in

Kev
Old 11 April 2005, 03:12 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trashman

Agreed!
Old 11 April 2005, 04:55 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

We will look in to it, thanks for the feedback folks.

regards,
shaun.
Old 12 April 2005, 08:30 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

webmaster: on our forum, RB5OC, we can set up subscriptions via the forum which allows us to have a new membership @ £25p.a or a renew membership which we charge @ £15 or anything we want, at that matter.

this basically offers a discount to the existing member for renewal as they dont need the membership pack (which is what the additonal £10 covers) but keeps them supporting the forum/club.

They are happy @ a cheaper price and the admin are happy as they have kept another years subscription.

the comments made by Trashman are, I'm sure, going to be the majority of every1's thougths on this.

purely my input from what I get feedback from my club members.
Old 13 April 2005, 03:28 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Please see the announcement across the site.

Thank you for your input and support!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 13 April 2005, 06:20 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

New option for SNPLUS membership subscription!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to feedback (thank you) from members, we have now setup a new subscription for SNPLUS membership!

If you look at "Paid Subscriptions" under your usercp, you will now notice TWO ways of becoming a SNPLUS member.

1)If you wish to signup and receive the full benefit (including the SNPLUS pack) for 12 months, this costs £25.00 as before.

2)If you wish to signup (or renew) without receiving the membership pack, for 12 months, this now costs £18.00.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.

Regards,
ScoobyNet

nice ones
Old 13 April 2005, 06:50 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

top decision guys
well done
even though i need the keyring for my other scooby mad son

budgie
Old 13 April 2005, 09:06 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Well done
Old 14 April 2005, 08:13 AM
andyd9577
Scooby Regular

Just my luck! renewed last week for £25..... and ive only got internet access 6 months of the year!!!!!

Search this Thread