Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I may be losing it, send the white van round!

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2014, 06:59 PM
mellinator2k
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Think I may be losing it, send the white van round!

Hi guys,

So i recently bought a blob eye sti ppp.
Great car goes well and mechanically sound.

The thing is i keep finding 'new' little scratches on the paint work which i swear were not there when i bought it.

Saying that it was wet wheni viewed it and picked it up, but there are some marks that you think that looks new!!

Really annoying as i am a prefectionist, tbh two rounds of polish and two rounds of wax have cleared a lot of imperfections up.
I also bought a new rear bumper as the paint was gubbed when i started to polish.

It is just annoying i guess, I am actually starting to convice myself someone is putting little scrathes on it in my local private car park- nuts i know!!

Question is do i leave it as it is or get the wee bits tidied up. hmmmmmm

Cheers lol
Old 28 February 2014, 07:58 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like it was prepped with polish with lots of fillers in it..

Couple of washes and they washout and start to show all the minor swirls and scratches..
Old 28 February 2014, 08:11 PM
mellinator2k
Scooby Regular

exactly mate!!
Dont get me wrong car is decent nick, its 11 years old and now all paint work is solid!

But the back bumper paint literally started coming away when i used chipex solvent to remove excess paint after filling in scratches and then polish, you could actually see the damaged areas. Got a new bumper and a thousand times better! I reckon the lacquer had been removed totally.
Car is looking good now to be honest.

So the question is........council tax free month and all.......

Do I buy a rear arb 24mm, get a blow over on front of car (few stone chips as you would expect) or do I go for xenon lights, coolant and spark plug change (even though I think they were changed last year according to subaru delearship stamp) and a few other little bits like new audio speakers. Or......start saving for remap (already got STI PPP)

thoughts please as I sip me vodka

To be honest I am just so glad to be back in the subaru world, been away for years due to commitments with the missus (wedding, flat blah blah) lol
Old 28 February 2014, 09:14 PM
pcressie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean. When I bought mine I went over it with a fine tooth comb, thought I'd found all the imperfections. But as the weeks go by you keep finding more. Just had mine machined polished which worked a treat
Old 28 February 2014, 09:33 PM
mellinator2k
Scooby Regular

Yeah mate, guess until you are up close and get familar with the car, you glance over the imperfections when buying. As soon as i heard that rumble I was sold!
Old 28 February 2014, 09:36 PM
mellinator2k
Scooby Regular

Guys whats your opinion on non factory fitted xenons on a blob? Chavvy or good little mod?
Old 28 February 2014, 10:03 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

An oncomming lorry overtook a cyclist comming of a dual carriageway two weeks ago , he went over the white line centre where the carriageway goes into a single road , you know where all the dirt and gravel gatheres ?

Anyway , it was timed perfectly to when I joined the carriageway and I took the full force of said gravel to the front of my car. It honestly felt as if it had been shot at with a shotgun. Got a good look at the car today and every stonechip is like a kick to my *****. Im so angry I didn't turn and find him to get his reg if i knew how bad the damage was .