suspension nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2014, 06:12 PM
S2OOB X
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension nightmare

Hi all,

I own a JDM WRX auto tiptronic 4EAT, and have had nothing but problem after problem with my suspension, it didnt feel it was very good handling wise to start with, and the front end was way to high and the back end far too low, so i purchased a full set of springs from an early blobeye (or so i was told) and inevitably they didnt fit so i had to out my original back on, then the front spring snapped so i ordered a set of apex lowering springs for the front and rear, at first the car handled amazing, i could pretty much take on any bend at any speed and it felt solid with no movement. However after a short while the back end was sitting uneven and felt loose compard to the front so i jacked it up and found that the springs could be moved around easily by hand which i wasnt happy with, then i checked the front end and the front spring are fully compressed with no gap at all between the coils, so i attempted to go back to basics and purchased a standard wrx set up from ebay, they looked fine when they came so i tried to get them fitted, the rear fitted as supplied but the struts were almost 2 inches longer than the ones that were removed and the front didnt fit at all i was told, so now i have a ridiculously high rear end and am stuck with the front constantly under full compression.

Sorry for the long winded post but i wanted everything covered PLEASE, can someone help
Old 30 January 2014, 06:14 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Can I suggest a short trip to Carnetix at Melton Mowbray and let them have a look. They will also advise and may be able to help source parts.

Satisfied customer.