new toy-Blob STi type uk spec and info

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2013, 10:33 PM
Nero_slk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new toy-Blob STi type uk spec and info

Hi,
I had a wrx bug eye in january, loved it so much that I sold it!! Lol, 9 cars after I finally got a STi (thats why I sold the wrx)

So I found a lovely scooby that needed urgent rescue!! It had 1 owner since 2004 but in 2012 he got a new job that required travelling so he garaged the car, and it spent many days in the garage until it went on ebay... a time waster won it, but I came with a serious offer , got a truck and recovered it home...
Spec:
TD05 18g
GEMS ecu
Hks bov
Full prodrive kit (minus the exhaust , as it couldn't handle the power so replaced with s/s decats with prodrove muffler)
320bhp on the hubs (owner said so it should be 400bhp at the wheels ~~)

Already replaced the stereo for alpine 9880 (my favorit one) and all interior lights for led

I wanted to find out- what does type uk stand for? Idd like the full spec-engine components , lsd etc??? What did the prodrive kit include?

Any idea if anyone would swap my gold R18 innovit alloys with toyo tr1 for some rota grids (preferably white?)

Thx for any advice )
So nice to be back
Old 29 December 2013, 11:03 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Don't think it would make any where near 400 bhp on that 18g turbo and it would have less bhp at the wheels than from the flywheel, nice looking blob tho
Old 30 December 2013, 08:18 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nero_slk
Hi,
I had a wrx bug eye in january, loved it so much that I sold it!! Lol, 9 cars after I finally got a STi (thats why I sold the wrx)

So I found a lovely scooby that needed urgent rescue!! It had 1 owner since 2004 but in 2012 he got a new job that required travelling so he garaged the car, and it spent many days in the garage until it went on ebay... a time waster won it, but I came with a serious offer , got a truck and recovered it home...
Spec:
TD05 18g
GEMS ecu
Hks bov
Full prodrive kit (minus the exhaust , as it couldn't handle the power so replaced with s/s decats with prodrove muffler)
320bhp on the hubs (owner said so it should be 400bhp at the wheels ~~)

Already replaced the stereo for alpine 9880 (my favorit one) and all interior lights for led

I wanted to find out- what does type uk stand for? Idd like the full spec-engine components , lsd etc??? What did the prodrive kit include?

Any idea if anyone would swap my gold R18 innovit alloys with toyo tr1 for some rota grids (preferably white?)

Thx for any advice )
So nice to be back
Nice looking motor there! I have unfortunately with much regrets ended up getting rid of My low mileage Black 53 plate STi Type UK with Prodrive add-ons a few months back because of a similar situation, and I do miss the car but where needs must.

To answer the question what does Type UK mean? Basically means a lower powered version for UK roads the standard STi from Japan would have put out 300 BHP out of the box. In the UK the standard UK STI only produced 260-265BHP from the show room therefore why the Prodrive Performance Pack was an option for this car and the same for the WRX. So would bring the STi Type UK to approx. 300BHP and the WRX to close to 265BHP in the blob-eye car. My STi Type UK was a standard 265BHP car which felt just like the Turbo 200 I was chopping in against it, at the time when I bought mine back in 2004 it still had 2 years warranty on the car so to keep the warranty and get more power I opted for the Dealer fit PPP ECU upgrade and exhaust system and what a transformation Hope that answers your question?
Old 30 December 2013, 10:02 AM
Nero_slk
Scooby Regular

Hi,
Thanks for the answer!!
It does, all I found in google was that type uk is the top spec uk version-correct?
Did the prodrive include suspension upgrades?
How strong are these engines? Are the internals good?? Do they have VVC?
I have a dyno done on the hubs that says 320bhp, but I owned a evo with 370bhp, and in the scooby in 3 days ownership I didnt have the bravery to red line it yet as 5k rpm approx felt OMG fast
Old 30 December 2013, 11:56 AM
Ozne
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...aderboard.html

Take a look at this thread, leader-board of some powerful scoobys all running on standard internals.

Pretty strong yes

Last edited by Ozne; 30 December 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04 January 2014, 11:04 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nero_slk
Hi,
Thanks for the answer!!
It does, all I found in google was that type uk is the top spec uk version-correct?
Did the prodrive include suspension upgrades?
How strong are these engines? Are the internals good?? Do they have VVC?
I have a dyno done on the hubs that says 320bhp, but I owned a evo with 370bhp, and in the scooby in 3 days ownership I didnt have the bravery to red line it yet as 5k rpm approx felt OMG fast
Back in the day Subaru UK only imported WRX's for the UK market it was only in 2001 that the bugeye STi came in and then blobeye etc.. So for the UK market the Type UK STi was classed as the top spec model.
The 2.0 litre STi engines are supposed to have uprated internals to cope with better power (not so much on the 2.5 litre I believe). The red line on the 2003 I had was close to 6.5K (I even set the rev limit light and sound to this so I knew when to shift up).
The Prodrive upgrade was just that, an upgrade. It was known as the PPP (Prodrive Performance Pack), which only included a replacement ECU already programmed up to except super unleaded fuel of >97 RON, an uprated fuel pump and a new replacement free flowing Prodrive Exhaust system with sport cats and a certificate to say it was done, all for the price at the time of £2,500.
For additional costs which you paid yourself you could buy Prodrive lowered springs (25 mm lowered), different 18" Alloy wheels (Which Prodrive recommended if you had the PPP), as the standard model came with standard Subaru gold coloured 17" alloys. I bought all these for the car I last owned for the past 8 years. But the PPP kit only brought the power up on the UK STI (Bug and Blob 2.0 litre engines) to approx. 300B HP. But bare in mind the ECU was already pre-programmed to match a standard UK STi setup and no road rolling was done to prove this would be the same on the car it was fitted to.
Old 04 January 2014, 02:17 PM
Nero_slk
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate!!!
What do you think, what is it running now?
Td05 18g turbo
Stainless steel decat with prodrive muffler
Ported and polished exhaust headers (heat wrapped too)
Gems ECU
K&n panel filter (and the silicone hose kit)

I had a early dyno done on the hubs for 320bhp, but it sure feels quicker than the 370bhp evo I had...

+ive got the AEM wide band gauge... what is the normal air/fuel ??

Spent over 10h doing the headlights properly :> detango and gloss black inside