Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Can I fit suspension for a turbo GC8 on a NA GC8? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2013, 01:53 AM
satdhanjal
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I fit suspension for a turbo GC8 on a NA GC8? HELP!

Hi guys, new to the Scooby world... 19, got away with the insurance. Need some help, I'm looking at lowering my NA GC8, but I can only find suspension for a turbo GC8. Would it still fit??!!?!?!
Old 18 September 2013, 09:28 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Think it should do very little changes to make if it doesn't there only plug and play if I remember correctly. I would have a full set as far as I know that are in good condition just need to remove them as upgrading to prodrive setup roads are not good here
Old 18 September 2013, 10:01 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by satdhanjal
Hi guys, new to the Scooby world... 19, got away with the insurance. Need some help, I'm looking at lowering my NA GC8, but I can only find suspension for a turbo GC8. Would it still fit??!!?!?!
Once you declare it, at 19, insurance may decline .....you WERE going to declare it, weren't you? Because if you don't, you may find you aren't insured after all.........

Be aware that lowering an Impreza usually messes up the handling, the lower the car, the MORE it rolls in corners, so less grip
Old 18 September 2013, 11:51 AM
marcio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this is the case in UK, but in some countries there are 4x4 and 4x2 N/A Subarus. There is also another factor in some countries the 4x4 N/A cars don't come with rear sway bars (yeap...) and you cannot fit some turbo suspension parts in them...

In my country, you can find 4x4 N/A Subarus with and without the rear sway bar (the lateral links don't have the drop link supports), and 4x2 N/A Subarus without anything similar to a turbo Subaru in the rear as they are FWD.

Talking only about the springs and shockers (coilovers too): the turbo Impreza suspension fits the N/A Imprezas IF they are 4x4. My car was a Impreza L N/A and I have always had STi shocks/springs, and then a couple of different coilovers brands.

Hope this helps.
Marcio

Last edited by marcio; 18 September 2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Fixing some language mistakes :-)