Sponsored by:

DRMotorsport WRC wing

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2001, 11:06 PM
Jonesy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anybody fitted the WRC wing to a 99 car using only the original holes? I'm only wondering as I want to avoid drilling additional holes. Also, while I'm on the subject, is the Scoobysport wing worth the extra £200 over the DRM one?

Comments appreciated.

Neil
Old 28 April 2001, 11:27 PM
evo5uk
Scooby Regular

Fitting the DRM spoiler to the original holes is no problem as it is still small. I fitted the MRT 22b replica spoiler (a lot bigger) to the original holes. It was at first a bit wobbly when driving at speeds. But friends in the bodyshop recommended wither using mastice or double sided tape (the thick ones)while leaving a hole under the brake light to let water drain out.
Old 29 April 2001, 05:21 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

I have recently done this. There side uprights go in the original holes along with the brake wire (I drilled a small extra one)
and wire loops. The section that lies flat on the boot ideally needs to be put in place with two holes drilled in the lid, which is quite straight forward. I have heard of people gluing this bit on which probably would work, if a little "cowboy"

The uprights sit in the flat piece anyway so it cant really go anywhere. I decided to drill as I will sell the car with the spoiler on it.

Its a 2 man job as well. Call David at DRM as he knows best. I went for DRM because its painted already and is very popular, having it painted yourself can be costly. Pics of mine in the gallery.

MB

[This message has been edited by bennetm (edited 29 April 2001).]