Introduction and quick question on models

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2013, 03:28 PM
Bezza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction and quick question on models

Hi there.

thought id better start of with an introduction now im a full member.

My names Ross, (hence username lol) and im 23 years old.

my beloved 2006 plate celica GT got wriiten off a couple of weeks ( not my fault i may add) and have been looking at what car to get next. ive decided on a WRX STI and have 7k to spend.

im going to look at what seems to be a very clean 2003 plate with very low miles on saturday (you might of seen my first post "is it worth it") but am wondering about holding out for a 2004/2005 plate.

the main reason for this is re-sale as only planning to keep the car for 1 or 2 years. (made a deal with the misses im alowd to splash out on 1 more fun car before getting somthing more sensible and morgage saving friendly )

what are your thoughts on this, 7k on a 2003, or 7k on a 2004/5 also would need to be a uk model, preferably PPP and standard.
(already got an insurance quote and for a non modified uk one its only £200 more than what im paying, pretty sure this will soon creep up for import or modded.)

thanks for your help on the last post and with any luck any help on this one.

cheers Ross
Old 27 June 2013, 03:44 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

If your only keeping it for a short period it's not a good investment. The prices of newages are declining due to costs, fuel ECT. I would buy a clean classic or something a little special to reduce depreciation. If your heart is set on a newage sti then buy the one that's been looked after more, forgot the plate. I buy cars on thier condition not age. They don't change much unless your looking at a widetrack. Ppp cars are good out the box but it wouldn't be worth more. It doesn't cost much to fit parts to make similar power.

Last edited by blackvenom; 27 June 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 27 June 2013, 03:52 PM
Bezza
Scooby Regular

thanks for reply mate.

looking around they seem to hold there own in prices. ie comparing to a 2002 plate with 50 k miles now as that will be aproximately the same age and millage if i sell the 2003 plate in a year. but cheers for your advice.
yes if i go for the newer 1 would def be looking for a widetrack (i think lol) theres the ones with the DCCD arnt they. quite like the sound of that although doubt ill ever use it lmao. this one im looking at seems spotless, second car always garaged cambelt done ect ect ect, just will be a 11 year old car instead of a 9/10, and a lot of search engines for buying have 10 years or under as a field.