Sponsored by:

Looking to scratch a scoobynet itch

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2013, 11:08 AM
Moseley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to scratch a scoobynet itch

Hi folks, only just signed up on here, but been browsing for a few months. I've always loved Impreza's of different shapes, but anytime I've looked at getting one over the last few years, the insurance and petrol cost has put me off. A mate had a 400hp P1 only a year or 2 ago, and it was an absolute weapon, but I think the best mpg he ever got to a tank was 23!

Anyway, I'll start with a few pics of my past cars as everyone loves a photo or 2...

This was the car that got me into modifying, 1.6 Rover Coupe back in 2005. Always had a soft spot for these for some reason...

But then this happened...

In the world of Rover's, that was game over for that one. But the love for Rover Coupe's carried on, and I bought a standard Coupe Turbo as a bit of a risk from an eBay ad.

The standard car is shameful in my eyes, so very soon, it looked like this:

I owned this car for around 3 and a half years, and loved it to bits. It was forever going wrong and needed the bonnet opening every weekend to find out where the next oil / water leak was coming from. It survived a trip to the Nurburgring, which was a lot of fun on budget tyres!

Despite the constant maintenance, it only ever left me at the side of the road once, and this was my fault due to an uprated downpipe melting through a power steering hose. When finished, it was running about 250bhp.

However, in a needs must situation, after I graduated from uni, I needed a car that I could rely on for a daily commute. As I didn't have the space for 2 cars, the Rover had to be sold (still regret that decision today) and a suitable replacement found. That came in the form of a 200sx.

Hardly sensible, but a bit more reliable... or so I thought. This also turned into a bit of a problem area, and then a job and house move came about which meant even more miles and in an area where I no longer had a backup car to use. So, the Nissan went, and was replaced with my current car.

The plan was that this would be the 'sensible' car that required a bit less maintenance and so far, it has wanted for nothing, can't fault it. However, it doesn't have the head-turning appeal that my past cars had. Just before Christmas, I bought my first house, and am now within walking distance to work. As such, I have no need for a sensible car, and can now go back to something a bit more fun and impractical. I am fairly set on a blob STi preferably in black and a widetrack with dccd. It will only be a weekend car, so running costs won't be a problem. Just going to keep my eyes open and see what comes up as I'm in no rush to sell currently and will give me a chance to do my research on Impreza's in general.

Cheers for reading! v

James
Old 14 February 2013, 11:13 AM
Moseley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks autocorrect for ruining my thread title...