Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there an official resolution for clutch judder

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2001, 10:31 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there anything official, Subaru tech bulletin number or something I can point my dealer at for the clutch judder resolution?

Just booked my 22.5k service and mentioned clutch judder and they said there is no fix, it's a feature of the car!

Seem to remember others saying there was an official IM fix out now.

cheers,

greg
Old 23 April 2001, 11:15 AM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Question

Greg,

Most people who have had this fixed at a dealership have had P1 components installed (just the clutch housing?) and this seems to have cleared it up. I don't know wether this is official IM policy though - I hope so as I'll be speaking to the dealer I bought my car (97MY) from about this.

Maybe if you mention that you've spoke to numerous people on this board who've had it fixed they might be more inclined to do something about it (most dealers have heard of Scoobynet - is this good or bad!?)

Alex
Old 23 April 2001, 11:31 AM
DAZ 4
Scooby Regular

gregh,

I have just had mine replaced (MY98) under warrenty,I had trouble engaging 1st gear and had some judder.

alexf is right, they use a P1 component, as the very nice service manager at Lavender Hill explained

Alternatively a few brisk starts is said to temporarily cure it.
Old 23 April 2001, 11:35 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Its like the hesitation at 3000 rpm its a 'feature' of the car - so say IM - they think they are so clever dont they??

You only need one person to have had it fixed under warranty and you are home and dry!! legally speaking.

We should all help each other if we have a problem with a Dealer/Supplier or indeed IM/Subaru UK - we are a very powerful BBS as long as our objectives are to benefit all drivers of the cars we love when something goes wrong.

I have heard all the arguments regarding slander and accept that we must moderate our mumblings (I am probably the worst offender on here) - but I also feel that, as a group, we can get things sorted out fast and fairly

Pete
Old 23 April 2001, 11:41 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I had the clutch judder fixed on my MY00 last Thursday and from what I can gather they do indeed use P1 parts.

I mentioned mine at the 12 month service (At 10,000 miles) and they booked it in straight away to have a new clutch fitted the following week. They did this even though they couldn't get the clutch to judder when it was in for the service (Only happens when cold)

If you have first mentioned the clutch judder at the 22.5K service you might be on slightly dodgy ground as I am not sure they could get out of this by saying it is wear and tear??

If you get any trouble with them can I recommend you go to another dealer.
Old 23 April 2001, 11:58 AM
DAZ 4
Scooby Regular

One dealer stated: (although I won't mention who, as I have no problems with them and am even taking the car back to them this week to be serviced)

"that if the clutch shows signs of abuse, IM will not honour the cost of a replacement"

I did not want to take the chance of having the clutch taken out replaced and then the dealer saying that it appeared to be a cause of abuse (I do occasional trackdays )

So all I did was contact another dealer who said it would be replaced no problem.

Simple resolution, as I believe pslewis has just found to his advantage LOL