Sponsored by:

Hi everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2013, 03:55 PM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say HI after registering on this board. My name is Max from Austria and as my username suggests I'm still running N/A. I got a nice 1st gen MX-5 @ almost 200.000 km by now. Still running strong, no rust, no oil consumption and excellent handling. Gotta love them japanese cars.

But as I'm getting older I'm going to buy me a nice blue blob eye within the next 12 months or so. Love the sound, the AWD, the rallye heritage,... Those beasts are expensive as ***** tho here in Austria. EUR 15000 is the minimum price for a 2003 blob, and then again the cheapest car insurance at the best level again is a whooping EUR 1800/year (that is including tax; and the government punishes you hard for having horsepower :-/ ).
I'll probably buy one in the UK, but then again our gov will charge me another 3500 bucks when importing the Scooby they were very creative at inventing a CO2 tax that basically adds a certain percentage on top of the car price (based on price WHEN IT WAS NEW) depending on the average normed fuel consumption plus an additional fine of EUR 25-75 for every SINGLE gramm CO2 beyond 180 g/km

I'm probably better off moving to Germany or the UK

Anyway, until then I'll keep reading on here and dreaming of that special day when the growl comes to town. Cheers!
Old 07 January 2013, 04:44 PM
saints_forever
Scooby Regular

Hello.

Sounds like car prices are evil in Austria compared to the UK. We still get crippled with high insurance and tax as well though.

Not a fan of the MX5 so you need to hurry up and buy a scoob
Old 07 January 2013, 05:02 PM
GotBoost?
Scooby Regular

meh, that MX-5 isn't going but will stay with me till the end of time. or the end of steel.