Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this 04 STI?

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2012, 11:47 PM
Kris-STI
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on this 04 STI?

Hi there all, if my memory serves me right I was last on here a little while back asking advice on an STI I was looking to buy. I'm back again to have another go at getting into scoob ownership. Honda S2000 was my last motor.

So anyway, it's had one owner and is on 42k miles. Full main dealer history but no PPP, which is fine as I plan to modify anyway. Is there anything specific I should look for? Apart from the normal obvious stuff. Going to view tomorrow.

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...re-find/935326

Cheers folks
Old 19 December 2012, 12:02 AM
Davey96wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi there, I can't offer any advice on that car in afraid as I'm more interested in the original classic impreza's. but was wondering what you made of the S2000? I wouldn't mind one as a little toy to add to the garage. Did you have any issues with the much doccumrnted snap oversteer?
Old 19 December 2012, 12:07 AM
Kris-STI
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Davey96wrx
Hi there, I can't offer any advice on that car in afraid as I'm more interested in the original classic impreza's. but was wondering what you made of the S2000? I wouldn't mind one as a little toy to add to the garage. Did you have any issues with the much doccumrnted snap oversteer?
I absolutely loved the S2k, the only reason for getting rid is practicality issues. The snap oversteer is an issue in the wet ill be honest, but if you give it a fast road setup and the best tyres it's not much of a problem. I had an early model without the traction control and at the end of the day if you drive it with respect then it's ALOT of fun. Don't be put off at all by the stories. I would recommend one all day long.
Old 19 December 2012, 12:11 AM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Is too expensive. I bought my 03 sti 3 weeks ago for £5900. 38k PPP and 18" prodrive alloys. Looks nice though. I saw this when I was looking for mine. Seems a genuine straight car though.
Old 19 December 2012, 12:18 AM
marshall332bhp
Scooby Regular

ad say its at least 2k over priced
Old 19 December 2012, 12:21 AM
Davey96wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kris-STI
I absolutely loved the S2k, the only reason for getting rid is practicality issues. The snap oversteer is an issue in the wet ill be honest, but if you give it a fast road setup and the best tyres it's not much of a problem. I had an early model without the traction control and at the end of the day if you drive it with respect then it's ALOT of fun. Don't be put off at all by the stories. I would recommend one all day long.
Thanks for that :-)

Good luck in your search mate
Old 19 December 2012, 12:21 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Davey96wrx
Give Yourself a month and im sure You can find 2003-04 with 50k on clock sti for 6k max.
9k is 2003 spec c , or type25 with cosworth engine territory or sti with forged engine.
Have a look on suspension mods like bc, coilovers ,arb, alk.
18" wheels and upgraded brakes.
wait a little and for 7k you can get 2005 widetrack or hawk without upgrades

Last edited by fawor; 19 December 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 19 December 2012, 12:30 AM
Kris-STI
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replies everyone. I did think it was overpriced but I was hoping to get money off. Although on reflection the chances of a dealer giving anymore than 500 quid off the price are quite slim. I could always go down and look at it an make a very cheeky offer. But I don't think I would get the right discount!
Old 19 December 2012, 01:17 AM
zayd
Scooby Regular

Don't waste your time buying from these dealers. The best deals are always in the private sales and the more you can save, the more you can put towards mods!
Old 19 December 2012, 01:30 AM
Kris-STI
Scooby Newbie

To be quite honest I don't normally buy from dealers. However if I can get the right price for the right car then I don't mind where it's from. Although you might have to wish me luck to get the right price for this one!
Old 19 December 2012, 09:27 AM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Go down an offer him 6.5K, without warranty - trade sale - sold as seen - you never know.

To be honest I dont think these cars are going to fall price wise much more ATM as people seem to be holding onto them. I know the only other version I want (apart from another classic) soon is a JDM STI 05 plate, but after that I cant see any Subaru worth having after 2005/6. Once I find the right JDM car I wont be sellin for a very long time.

Last edited by ade_sti; 19 December 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 19 December 2012, 05:19 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Im thinking of selling mine. Blue 54 plate 2004 sti, 27k, fsh, cambelt & transmission oils etc done recently. Slightly modded with exhaust, sports cat, hrc fuel pump & Andrew Carr remap. Offers around 7.5k ;-)
Old 19 December 2012, 05:52 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

serpico - is suspension standard, alloys etc apart from what you stated above?

Cheers
Old 19 December 2012, 06:02 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

Way overpriced IMO you can find one with a lot more for your money and at a lower price if you take your time and look ;-)
Old 19 December 2012, 06:48 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ade_sti
serpico - is suspension standard, alloys etc apart from what you stated above?

Cheers
Yes although the rear shocks were replaced under warranty about a year ago. Had Kevlar pads all around under 3k miles ago. Just fitted a front splitter too. Mot is end of April & taxed to the end of August. Open to sensible offers! ;-)
Old 20 December 2012, 06:17 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Mines for sale mate. Take a look in the for sale section.