Help Fitting :(

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2012, 05:41 PM
TurboBob1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Fitting :(

Hi Guys,

I've posted a little bit just lately about the data monitor pod for a classic. Well WooHoo i got one of dannyboy007 (thanks mate) at long last Well now im having problems fitting the whole unit. If you look at the photos you will see i got the monitor secured in place with bracket and everything, though now i can't work out how the heater/top glove box would sit back in place?? what do you do - chop the top off or is there some sort of other fascia that just have the heater vents without the top glove box that you can get that you need when fitting these pods? I'm really stumped ha!! Also on a similar note, has anyone ever fitted say 3 guages where them heater vents are? Oh yeah what a nightmare it was to get the glove box/heated vents out, Any info would be much appreciated guys cheers.

Old 18 December 2012, 05:49 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Yes you chop the top off of the air vent or if you can find them they did do some replacement vents that already had this done and came from the factory like it. (Mind you these are even rarer than to pods) I had these fitted on my old classic when I had this pod fitted
Old 18 December 2012, 07:57 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by TurboBob1
Hi Guys,

I've posted a little bit just lately about the data monitor pod for a classic. Well WooHoo i got one of dannyboy007 (thanks mate) at long last Well now im having problems fitting the whole unit. If you look at the photos you will see i got the monitor secured in place with bracket and everything, though now i can't work out how the heater/top glove box would sit back in place?? what do you do - chop the top off or is there some sort of other fascia that just have the heater vents without the top glove box that you can get that you need when fitting these pods? I'm really stumped ha!! Also on a similar note, has anyone ever fitted say 3 guages where them heater vents are? Oh yeah what a nightmare it was to get the glove box/heated vents out, Any info would be much appreciated guys cheers.

Yep get yourself a junior hacksaw and start chopping!!
Old 18 December 2012, 08:29 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I so want one of these monitors for my Hawk, and the colour matched shroud that goes with it.

It would replace my stupid clock perfectly! Where can I get one?
Old 18 December 2012, 08:32 PM
TurboBob1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. Really its just that simple hack it off. Ill give it a bash tomorrow thanks. has anyone got an idea on how to custom make a fascia to house 3 guages or know of anyone who has done there own?
Old 18 December 2012, 08:41 PM
TurboBob1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
I so want one of these monitors for my Hawk, and the colour matched shroud that goes with it.

It would replace my stupid clock perfectly! Where can I get one?
You dont want to know.... i got the monitor purely on its own of ebay for £350 i know abit steep but i really really wanted one as for the shroud i got that of dannyboy. Info is very scarce i had lots of trouble getting instructions and now im trying to find the oil pressure/temp senders that wire into the monitor.
Old 18 December 2012, 08:46 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

take alittle at a time and you should be okay, I would cut it towards the back of the curve if that makes sense.

The sensors are the standard Defi ones which you can either buy from ebay or from Tein uk who are the UK defi disti, not cheap though

http://www.tein.co.uk/product/defi/d....html#optional