ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Blitz Nur Spec R Vs Sti Genome exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2012, 06:48 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Blitz Nur Spec R Vs Sti Genome exhaust

Who's tried both of these on a newage and what are your thoughts on both?

Currently have a Nur Spec R on my Bugeye which I love to bits its a tad loud but the sound is awsome

What I want to know is how loud does the Genome sound compared to the Nur Spec as I think I want a less noisey note but still want a throaty sound

Any thoughts welcome lets discuss

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 08:15 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in the same boat mate, but I'm going the other way round, i can post you a video of my prodrive system not sure what the genome means but i take it you mean standard, i would imagine that to be on the quiet side with minimal noise
Old 03 December 2012, 08:15 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Old 03 December 2012, 08:46 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

This is the genome mate take a look really want to replace my Nur Spec R with this

Take a look at this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 08:47 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

damn that is a nice exhaust! ive never seen one of them before!
Old 03 December 2012, 08:49 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan-
damn that is a nice exhaust! ive never seen one of them before!
Very expensive to buy new but going to put up in the wanted to see if any one has a 2nd hand system. Love the sound but want to know how it compares over the Nur Spec in terms of performance and noise tootling around town etc

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 08:54 PM
macmac
Scooby Regular

i found the genome to raspy on wot , so put my kaki moto back on my bug sti , deeper rumble !
Old 03 December 2012, 08:58 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by macmac
i found the genome to raspy on wot , so put my kaki moto back on my bug sti , deeper rumble !
Was it loud mate or does it compare more to the Prodrive in terms of noise? Do you still have the genome?

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 09:11 PM
azzaharvey
Scooby Regular

ive had 2 blitz nur spec r and 1 sti genome,
i'd take the sti genome all day its nearly silent on tick over and a nice little rumble when under 3k revs, then unbelieveable roar when over 3k revs.
i didnt feel any performance drop even though sti genome is 2.5" and the blitz is 3".
you"ll struggle find a second hand sti genome with the pink and yellow writing intact. i was after another sti genome but brought the next 1 up from a member on here used, its the s202 titanium back box £1100 worth new just got have it fitted.
Old 03 December 2012, 09:14 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

So jealous mate lol do you think it'd be near impossible to get a 2nd hand genome? Ill stick up in the wanted as that's exactly what I'm looking for in terms of noise. Think I'm partially deaf after the Nur Spec lol

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 09:33 PM
azzaharvey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M2RTXbugeye
So jealous mate lol do you think it'd be near impossible to get a 2nd hand genome? Ill stick up in the wanted as that's exactly what I'm looking for in terms of noise. Think I'm partially deaf after the Nur Spec lol

Martin
couldnt believe my luck when steve offered me the s202 jobby i drove 300 mile round trip to pick it up lol
deffo not impossible they do come up now and again. there was 1 on ebay in this country the other week it went for £250 but the paint was coming off. the thing you will struggle with is finding 1 where the paint is still perfect, i surpose you could remove whats left and try and paint the sti genome back on? or keep the paint removed and polish it (as the STI Genome is pressed into the tip).

my mate had a prodrive and that was the same on tick over as the genome it was almost silent but like i say driving around its got a nice little rumble louder than the prodrive. then open it up and it roars.

i sometimes feel embarrased driving around town with the blitz on lol

happy hunting mate
Old 03 December 2012, 09:35 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

the genome is either an exhaust note you will love,or slightly dislike,i also found it a little raspy, they do come up for sale 2nd hand for around £200-250 in very good condition.i would say you have to try it and make your own mind up about it,i looked at youtube vids of the genome and it sounds lovely on the videos,in truth i was a little dissapointed,but it certainly looks good.
japperformace sells them at a crazy price of £395 plus delivery!
Old 03 December 2012, 09:39 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Ive had the Nur Spec S and currently have the Genome. They both have their own plusses, the 'S' was just nuts, the Genome is as stated above, more refined but sounds the ***** over 3k.
My neighbours hated the 'S'!!

PS Someone on here told me that I'd sell the 'S' within a couple of months. It lasted nine!!
Old 03 December 2012, 10:02 PM
JDM_333
Scooby Regular

Nice exhaust, but it doesn't sound anywhere near like the complete overkill - deep bassy Nur Spec R.

Why not try it with the bung in for those "sensitive" days of driving to / from home and round town where it looks like you have the exhaust from a cruise missile strapped to the back of your car.
Old 03 December 2012, 10:22 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 99greenwagon
the genome is either an exhaust note you will love,or slightly dislike,i also found it a little raspy, they do come up for sale 2nd hand for around £200-250 in very good condition.i would say you have to try it and make your own mind up about it,i looked at youtube vids of the genome and it sounds lovely on the videos,in truth i was a little dissapointed,but it certainly looks good.
japperformace sells them at a crazy price of £395 plus delivery!
Think its something I have to try myself to see if I like it or not

Originally Posted by Myles
Ive had the Nur Spec S and currently have the Genome. They both have their own plusses, the 'S' was just nuts, the Genome is as stated above, more refined but sounds the ***** over 3k.
My neighbours hated the 'S'!!

Neighbours don't say anything as I put the bung in for early starts till it warms up. Have you any clips of what the genome sounds like on yours mate

PS Someone on here told me that I'd sell the 'S' within a couple of months. It lasted nine!!
I've had my Nur R on for 6 months or so and do love it

Originally Posted by JDM_333
Nice exhaust, but it doesn't sound anywhere near like the complete overkill - deep bassy Nur Spec R.

Why not try it with the bung in for those "sensitive" days of driving to / from home and round town where it looks like you have the exhaust from a cruise missile strapped to the back of your car.
Wouldt want to keep the bung in for a blasts mate incase I damage anything because of the restriction of gases. Love the sound although the genome does it for me aswell. Will try and hunt 1 down to see if I like it

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 10:26 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azzaharvey
couldnt believe my luck when steve offered me the s202 jobby i drove 300 mile round trip to pick it up lol
deffo not impossible they do come up now and again. there was 1 on ebay in this country the other week it went for £250 but the paint was coming off. the thing you will struggle with is finding 1 where the paint is still perfect, i surpose you could remove whats left and try and paint the sti genome back on? or keep the paint removed and polish it (as the STI Genome is pressed into the tip).

my mate had a prodrive and that was the same on tick over as the genome it was almost silent but like i say driving around its got a nice little rumble louder than the prodrive. then open it up and it roars.

i sometimes feel embarrased driving around town with the blitz on lol

happy hunting mate
Thanks mate will have to try it myself to see which 1 I like. The Nur spec does have a nice note to it but a tad loud. Think I want something that sounds and roars only when giving it some

Martin
Old 03 December 2012, 11:25 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I have a genome but on a twinscroll. It's quiet at low throttle but really screams at high revs. I don't get the burble due to twinscroll but love the sound of it. It is a little raspy though depends what you want really. It's defo a lot more noisy than prodrive at higher revs but refined around town. I paid £295 for mine but wanted one as it's a jdm part.
Old 04 December 2012, 10:07 AM
markb_s1
Scooby Regular

Think its something I have to try myself to see if I like it or not

I've had my Nur R on for 6 months or so and do love it

Wouldt want to keep the bung in for a blasts mate incase I damage anything because of the restriction of gases. Love the sound although the genome does it for me aswell. Will try and hunt 1 down to see if I like it

Martin

interesting... JGM advised me to keep the bung in on mine as removing it would mean more boost and lead to detting at the top end of the revs.
(my car's on an apparently not so dodgy ebay chip and towards the top end is getting towards running lean).

I'm quite curious to see what it sounds like though, despite the fact that i lve the noise with the bung in.
Old 04 December 2012, 10:35 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz1968
I have a genome but on a twinscroll. It's quiet at low throttle but really screams at high revs. I don't get the burble due to twinscroll but love the sound of it. It is a little raspy though depends what you want really. It's defo a lot more noisy than prodrive at higher revs but refined around town. I paid £295 for mine but wanted one as it's a jdm part.
Was that £295 then postage costs on top mate?

Originally Posted by markb_s1
interesting... JGM advised me to keep the bung in on mine as removing it would mean more boost and lead to detting at the top end of the revs.
(my car's on an apparently not so dodgy ebay chip and towards the top end is getting towards running lean).

I'm quite curious to see what it sounds like though, despite the fact that i lve the noise with the bung in.
Curious as to why you was told to keep the bung in now mate? I thought it restricts it as you make the exit smaller

My car was mapped without it in so giving it a blast with the bung in could surely only do harm and not good

Martin
Old 04 December 2012, 01:00 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have to admit to having had an exhaust or two in my time and can honnestly say that the Genome is my favourite.. i had one on my bugeye after searching for ages to find one.

Name:  12072008496.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  26072008528.jpg
Size:  79.2 KB

after a while i fancied a change so i went for the nurspec R which was way too loud for me, inside the car was so noisy but i have to admit it did sound nice

Name:  10072009764.jpg
Size:  78.2 KB

Name:  27062009747.jpg
Size:  70.0 KB

i then decided to sell the R and buy the S (backbox only) which was just right noise wise, but all the time i actually regretted selling the Genome and that is why after a long search for another and thanks to azzaHarvey i now have another vertually 'as new' one fitted to my STi Type RA

Name:  DSC_2185.jpg
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  DSC_2187.jpg
Size:  40.8 KB

a nice rumble when pootling about and an awsome roar when going for it.
Old 04 December 2012, 01:10 PM
RICKSTER555
Scooby Regular

Well I was the one who won the Genome on ebay and that was on the 16th of November, had to open an ebay dispute today as I still haven't recieved it! So gutted as I really want to get it on my car. Ebay is so frustrating sometimes!! Hopefully will get the exhaust one day
Old 04 December 2012, 01:50 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
i have to admit to having had an exhaust or two in my time and can honnestly say that the Genome is my favourite.. i had one on my bugeye after searching for ages to find one.

after a while i fancied a change so i went for the nurspec R which was way too loud for me, inside the car was so noisy but i have to admit it did sound nice

i then decided to sell the R and buy the S (backbox only) which was just right noise wise, but all the time i actually regretted selling the Genome and that is why after a long search for another and thanks to azzaHarvey i now have another vertually 'as new' one fitted to my STi Type RA

a nice rumble when pootling about and an awsome roar when going for it.
That looks the dogs danglies mate, Really want one now. Love the sound of the Nur Spec does this sound quiet like the Prodrive on tick over?

Martin
Old 04 December 2012, 10:44 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

on tickover its probably as quiet as the prodrive but a totally didferent sound when you give it some..it screams lol
Old 04 December 2012, 10:50 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

The hunts on to find one lol if anyone hears of one give me a shout please

Martin
Old 30 December 2012, 08:14 AM
RICKSTER555
Scooby Regular

Bump as I have one for sale, due to buying 2 in the end
Old 30 December 2012, 08:32 AM
Badger sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICKSTER555
Bump as I have one for sale, due to buying 2 in the end
How much? Any idea on postage to b98?
Old 30 December 2012, 08:41 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

£180 here if you take it buddy

Martin
Old 30 December 2012, 09:26 AM
RICKSTER555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Badger sti
How much? Any idea on postage to b98?
In the for sale section at £275 delivered or £250 collected

£180 here if you take it buddy

Martin
Thanks for the offer Martin, but would be loosing to much at that price i'm afraid.
Old 30 December 2012, 09:29 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

buy it martin, and i'll take your nur spec r

wiley
Old 30 December 2012, 09:35 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wiley
buy it martin, and i'll take your nur spec r

wiley
I would Wiley but wanted a mint one ie scratch n dentless. If it didt have any marks on it I'd pay £300 notes for it all day long. For now I'm going to hold out but if you don't get sorted ill let you know when I sell my Nur spec its in mint condition

Martin

Quick Reply: Blitz Nur Spec R Vs Sti Genome exhaust