Sponsored by:

BIG BIG THANKS

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2012, 01:15 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile BIG BIG THANKS

Got tosay this, I have had problems with my 2002 STI bugeye JDM wagon, it was therecall that the IM group did regards the fuel rail and a strong smell of fuelwhen the temp dropped below a certain point.SO Phil Camwell from IM groupapproved the repair as I had waited for around 3 month on a reply, this is hisemail

Dear Mr A******

Re: Impreza - GGB-******

Please accept our sincere apologies in the delay in being able to provide ananswer to you regarding the fuel pipe modification.

The information we have received from the manufacturer confirms that this fuelpipe modification is not one which relates to Japanese domestic marketImpreza's. As you are aware, your Impreza denoted by its VIN, confirms this tobe a Japanese domestic market vehicle.

Nevertheless, our Warranty Department have lobbied the manufacturer numeroustimes in regard to your enquiry over the period, unfortunately without successsince the manufacturer has not and is not currently including such Japanesedomestic market vehicles to have this fuel pipe modification carried out.

However, given the circumstances and the time scale that this enquiry has beenoutstanding for you, Subaru UK will authorise this fuel modification to becarried out to your Impreza (VIN: GGB-******) as a 'one-time' goodwillconcession.

I would therefore request that you contact your local Subaru dealer at yourearliest opportunity to have this fuel pipe modification carried out, which ofcourse, will be free of charge to you. If I could further ask that when yourbook your vehicle in with your Subaru dealer, you ask them to contact ourWarranty Department directly so that the appropriate authority to proceed withthe work, can be provided to them.

In closing, I appreciate your considerable patience in this matter and trustthat it can now be moved forward to a satisfactory conclusion for you.

Best regards

Phil Camwell
Subaru UK

SO I thencontacted my newly open dealer ship in Ashton Under Lyne

ColinAppleyard Cars,

CavendishStreet, Ashton Under Lyne, OL6 7QL

Tel:0161 330 5148 Fax:0161 343 2206

e.mail:CarServiceAshton@colinappleyard.com

I spoke to Sam Fenton, what a guy, he got on thecase for me and within a week the car was booked in and back to me all done anddusted.

So my point is IM group do have great service, I amsure some may say different, but Sam and the team at Colin Appleyard Cars wheregreat, I will defiantly be recommending these guys to people.

So fellow Subaru owners in the South Manchesterarea, please do give Colin Appleyard Cars a try “Our new local SubaruDealership”. Do I sound like a sales rep now LOL!!!!!

Old 09 November 2012, 04:08 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

nice to hear!
Old 10 November 2012, 07:47 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

It was I am over the moon