Sponsored by:

GDA - Top company!

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 02:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

As some of you might be aware I own a Jap import (the blackbeast) and such servicing requires the use of an independant garage due to IM's refusal to allow Subaru dealers to talk about , let alone work on Jap imports.

I have for the past year used, for enquires, parts, and servicing, GDA Sportscar Imports in Crowborough, East Sussex.

Both Graham and Nathan at GDA are excellent guys and provide a first rate service.

This message is just to sing thier praises even louder than I have done before.

The reason for the praise singing?

Well, I got the blackbeast last night after a week of it being at GDA (nothing to do with them holding back, due to me being out on business last week, plus the easter weekend) and what can I say, the change is amazing.

It went in for a full thorough service, as I've been naughty and not done anything, bar bulb replacement, since I got it about a year ago, so it was hardly suprising that the old beast was not as fresh as it could be. I also wanted a new speedo convertor/delimiter as the last one bust a while ago and I was getting really hacked off with driving around in KPH land, plus the 112mpg limit was annoying (not that I ever do over 70 officer )
I also asked Graham to MOT the beast, as it was that time of year.

So, the result?
Well, Graham and Nathan gave it a Full service, which included a cambelt change, plus a set of new sparkplugs, as it a) had worn plugs, and b) had the wrong plugs.
Speedo converteor/delimiter was fitted, so I'm back in MPH land , not sure if the 112mph limit is gone, but I might find that out tonight if you know what I mean!
Graham also informed me that my front pads were down to the metal and the front discs were shot. So rather than fitting the OEM parts I asked Graham to fit some uprated bits, mainly as they'd be the same cost or a little cheaper than the OEM parts. So what did I get? Well, EBC greenstuff pads, which are nice, plus a pair of Wilwood 6 hole drilled and vented discs (well, I think they are vented ) plus a set of braided hoses. These feel fantastic! I'm still bedding them in so I don't know the full potential, but pedal feel is 100 percent better than before.

MOT was taken and passed, apparently beasty put out zero co2 in the emmissions test (is this good or bad, think it's good)

Overall I'm a well happy chappy.

If anyone has a jap import and needs advice, parts or servicing, and Crowborough is not too far from you then go talk to GDA.

contact details can be found at their website:
Old 20 April 2001, 02:49 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Hi Markus

I'll be visiting them in the morning as mine has developed a couple of nasty rattles after a Very quick weekend up in N. Yorkshire.... ..!

Did you get all the body work done as well?

James
Old 20 April 2001, 03:19 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

James,
thought it would not be long until you replied. oh, and recheck my initial posting, I've just editied, see if you can spot where and why

As for bodywork, nope, not had it done yet, Graham is putting aside the bits for me as I am deffo going to get it done, and will use him to do it. Just got to get of my **** and get an estimate from a bofy shop then tell Gra the estimate. Plus then stump up the cash to do it, which might be around 2l