Sponsored by:

**update** Finding the love back again with a few changes

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2012, 11:47 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default **update** Finding the love back again with a few changes

Well guys thought I'd keep you posted in what the next plans are for the car (for now). As some of you will be aware I was debating wether to sell or break the car and after having a long hard think I've decided to keep it as a car and maybe try to get some of that new feeling love back for it again.
Not sure on the plans for the future yet but for now changing a few things.

I've just dropped the car of at adgespeed for Adge to fit an Sti tmic a set of pink injectors (thanks Rob Day) and a td04 hybrid turbo supplied by Andrew Carr.
I realise some of you will say put a bigger turbo on although this car will never see a track as its the family car lol so only need quick spool and a little more mid range then the standard td04 offers.
Mr Carr is working his magic on it tomorrow so will keep you posted on the outcome and hopefully I'll get the buzz back for a little longer from the car.

This is it for those of you who Havnt seen it

Cheers
Martin

Last edited by M2RTXhawkeye; 15 August 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 14 August 2012, 11:52 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im glad your not breaking it, after seeing the pics when you first got it, i cant believe its the same car,too much hard work to ever part with it.

should add a nice bit of extra power too.
Old 14 August 2012, 12:12 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Thanks tommy mate after speaking to a few of you guys Im going to keep it and enjoy the changes I've made to it. Hopefully a little more power will keep me interested before I take the next (expensive) steps in the world of modding lol.

Cheers
Martin
Old 14 August 2012, 12:26 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Good move, nice car that fella.
Old 14 August 2012, 12:27 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

you know its needs a roof flap
Old 14 August 2012, 12:34 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Good move, nice car that fella.
Thanks mate
Old 14 August 2012, 12:39 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
Lol yep defo on the shopping list tommy maybe next month depending on money. Have a new set of wheels ordered from Keith@Revolution which I hope arrive next week aswell.
Brembos also on the cards will keep updating the thread

Martin
Old 14 August 2012, 12:39 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

+1
Old 14 August 2012, 12:42 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by M2RTXbugeye
Lol yep defo on the shopping list tommy maybe next month depending on money. Have a new set of wheels ordered from Keith@Revolution which I hope arrive next week aswell.
Brembos also on the cards will keep updating the thread

Martin
im removing my brembos soon so let me know if your interested i have the full set but will split them.

the fronts have new ebc grooved discs
Old 14 August 2012, 12:45 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

im removing my brembos soon so let me know if your interested i have the full set but will split them.

the fronts have new ebc grooved discs
Pm mate when your ready know they'll prob be in very good nic if they're yours 😉

Martin
Old 14 August 2012, 12:46 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Pm mate when your ready know they'll prob be in very good nic if they're yours 😉

Martin
slight chips on front ones, rears are as new
Old 14 August 2012, 12:49 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

slight chips on front ones, rears are as new
No worries mate. Got me thinking seriously about the roof flap now too lol. May have to drop frayz a pm shortly

Martin
Old 14 August 2012, 12:52 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

No worries mate. Got me thinking seriously about the roof flap now too lol. May have to drop frayz a pm shortly

Martin
he did an excellent job on mine, looks factory fitted
Old 14 August 2012, 01:01 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's far too good to break, although I know why you might have considered it - I do every now and again even after spending close on the value of the car over the last 12-months on refreshing it. Those little problems that come along lead to frustration and I'm in that boat right now with a binding brake issue, but having got over it I'm just going to remove the (suspected) offending ABS pump and delete it all together.

Get a roof flap and the Brembo's you've planned on top of the bits you are doing already and you'll be well and truly back in the saddle
Old 14 August 2012, 01:04 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by JonMc
It's far too good to break, although I know why you might have considered it - I do every now and again even after spending close on the value of the car over the last 12-months on refreshing it. Those little problems that come along lead to frustration and I'm in that boat right now with a binding brake issue, but having got over it I'm just going to remove the (suspected) offending ABS pump and delete it all together.

Get a roof flap and the Brembo's you've planned on top of the bits you are doing already and you'll be well and truly back in the saddle
i cant believe you considered breaking your car after all the work you have put into it

the amount of time,money and effort i have put into mine i wouldnt even consider parting with it, that said mines not an everyday car though.

the only worry i have is once i have the engine upgrades fitted i have done everything,styling,suspension,brakes and interior so god knows what i will do
Old 14 August 2012, 01:09 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jon you sound exactly like me some times I just get paranoid if I think I've heard a knock lol am sure after these changes I'll be pleased. The amount of time and effort it's defo not being sold for peanuts.

Martin
Old 14 August 2012, 01:10 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

i cant believe you considered breaking your car after all the work you have put into it

the amount of time,money and effort i have put into mine i wouldnt even consider parting with it, that said mines not an everyday car though.

the only worry i have is once i have the engine upgrades fitted i have done everything,styling,suspension,brakes and interior so god knows what i will do
You should defo not consider breaking yours tommy lol way way too nice imo I think we just forget how to enjoy the cars and get to focused on the next mods. Yours is the complete article and is defo a keeper. I only considered it as I'd never get back what's gone into it as a car. Unless I win the lottery some time soon think this ones staying

Martin

Last edited by M2RTXhawkeye; 14 August 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 14 August 2012, 01:13 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

You should defo not consider breaking yours tommy lol way way too nice imo
it wont be broken for a good few years but if i ever decided to get rid i would break it, i couldnt risk it being sold and appearing on here covered in wrc stickers or lexarse lights fitted to it.
Old 14 August 2012, 01:14 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

it wont be broken for a good few years but if i ever decided to get rid i would break it, i couldnt risk it being sold and appearing on here covered in wrc stickers or lexarse lights fitted to it.
Pmsl mate
Old 14 August 2012, 01:47 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

I know, I know, and mine is not supposed to be a daily car either but my temporary office move to support the Olympics made it impossible to use public transport or my push-bike so it became a daily runner and things started going wrong. Hopefully I can sort my brake problem quite painlessly and I can then get on with fitting the bigger turbo and turn it back into a toy and just enjoy it

What doesn't help is coming back to a works car-park (on a secure site) to find an elbow shaped dint in the roof I makes you feel like giving up when you can't have anything nice without someone else screwing it up for you!
Old 14 August 2012, 01:51 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

I'd break mine because I couldn't let anyone else enjoy my sweat and tears, they're mine and no-one else should be allowed to take the credit (which you see all too often in magazines) or, as you say, ruin it
Old 14 August 2012, 02:13 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

I'd break mine because I couldn't let anyone else enjoy my sweat and tears, they're mine and no-one else should be allowed to take the credit (which you see all too often in magazines) or, as you say, ruin it
my thoughts entirely, hopefully the dent in your roof will push out but this is why i never leave mine in car parks.
door dingers should be shot!
Old 14 August 2012, 02:21 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

This was a works car park so it is someone who I work with that has done this to me, makes it worse
Old 14 August 2012, 02:23 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

This was a works car park so it is someone who I work with that has done this to me, makes it worse
dna testing and a shotgun
Old 14 August 2012, 02:43 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Do what I do mate park over two spaces so the ***** can't park either side of you. Once paid £100 having door dents removed not doing it again because the door bashers have no respect for other peoples property

Martin
Old 15 August 2012, 06:30 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Got the car back I will update you in half n hour and tell you how it went

Martin
Old 15 August 2012, 07:58 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

So picked the car up earlier after having the pink injectors fitted, Sti tmic and Andrew carr Td04 hybrid all I can describe it as is wow!!!! The car feels stronger and holds boost longer with more mid range now. Where the standard Td04 ran out of puff around 5k revs the hybrid keeps on pulling and holds stronger past 6k. Andrew Carr did a fantastic job as usual and I can honestly say the love is back.
All in all I am very very pleased and recommend the hybrid turbo from Andy Carr if you want to achieve 300bhp+ and keep the quick spool too

Cheers
Martin
Old 15 August 2012, 09:20 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Why is it that on the rare occasions mine ends up in a public car park some tw*t in a 4x4, with doors that swing open a metre+, always parks right up tight to it?
Old 16 August 2012, 09:24 AM
steverashi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me the day I got it. Drivers side just behind the rear door near the arch. Then a few weeks later someone did the rear door, they pushed it so hard i know have a 2 inch crease in the door. Had a quote for it to get sorted, £580!! This includes a few other bits and a full paint correction detail. Hopefully for the Prodrive meet in Oct.