Sponsored by:

Subaru Driver Hits Top Chef's Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2001, 01:54 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

A Subaua driver is to be convicted of dangerous driving after trying to overtake chef Gordon Ramsey's Ferrari 550 on a roundabout.

The Subara was said to have'came out of nowhere'. It then clipped a kerb and crashed into the Ferarri twice.

The Ferarri which was 'doing 40 mph' at the time spun out of control and hit the central reservation.

Ramseys pregnant wife was also in the car at the time, both are unhurt.

The Subaru was being driven by a male with no passengers.

The crash took place in Hammersmith, London.

[This message has been edited by Jye (edited 16 April 2001).]
Old 16 April 2001, 02:01 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Great eh! this ain't going to do us any more favours is it!
Old 16 April 2001, 02:08 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I saw the aftermath of this. Already posted here:
Old 16 April 2001, 02:30 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Question

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jye:
[B]A Subaua driver is to be convicted of dangerous driving after trying to overtake chef Gordon Ramsey's Ferrari 550 on a roundabout.

Where does it say he/she is to be convicted of Dangerous Driving ???

That would be for a Court to decide. He/She may be reported for driving offences such as Dangerous and Careless driving.However to prove that he/she drove dangerously the prosecution would have to show that:-

1. His/her driving standard fell 'FAR' below that which would be expected of a reasonable and competent road user. And
2. That it would be obvious to another competent and careful road that driving in such a way would be dangerous.

The burden of proof required for dangerous driving is huge and a conviction for a damage only accident such as this would be unlikely, unless you had loads of witnesses who could show that it wasn't a momentary lapse of concentration that caused the accident but rather a delibaerate and concerted act.(Such as driving like a **** for a mile or so, or overtaking on a blind bend). Careless driving possibly, dangerous driving unlikely.

Listen to me, I've swallowed a law book, ho hum. Doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Nathan
Old 16 April 2001, 04:55 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Hmm...sounds like (if this has been put in a paper or all over the news) this person could of been perhaps foreign and due to go home...I heard once about a Japanese chap breaking the spead limit on the A1@2.00am (The Max Power mob-Supra 190mph story) and the Police had him in court the following day for the offence among cries of "I want Perry Mason, I want Perry Mason)

If thats not the case and this was from a paper, Gordon Ramseys called his mates at the BBC, asked to be put through to the press office and sensationalised this all himself. They would need independant witness' to have decided an offense such as that and whats more is there is likelyhood that the 550 was giving it some too. IMHO it sounds like Big Fish VS Little Minnow.

On paper it looks like scoob tries to out do 550 Maranello on A4 (a speed camera riddled area into and out of London where cameras are very sensitive) I see that he had is pregnant wife in the car, thats not good...but he has a reputation of being very very difficult with everything he approaches in life.

Ronnie
Old 16 April 2001, 05:10 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Just for info, I read it this morning in our local Scottish rag the Daily Record, renowned for its unbiased and investagative jornalism

The article says, 'It is believed the driver of the Subaru which hit the car had been trying to race. Police said last night that the Subaru driver could face dangerous driving charges in connection with the crash.
Police confirmed no charges were being considered against Ramsey.'

Ramsey stated that he had 'been looking forward to taking the car on the racetrack at Silverstone later this year. We never race on the roads because you just cant do it in London. This fool nearly killed us.'

Does that mean you can race on the road elsewhere outside of London then?
Old 16 April 2001, 05:26 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'd like to see the driver of the Impreza and George Ramsay go for it on a decent race track !

Nathan...

Old 16 April 2001, 06:28 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I saw the driver of the Subaru, and he looked English (well caucasian).

At that point on the A4 there are no cameras on the stretch before the roundabout and there are no cameras for a good 300m after the roundabout. The crash was 50m out from the roundabout, so they probabll collided coming around the roundabout.

It was at 2.15pm on Saturday afternoon so hardly a traffic free time, even though the traffic in that direction was pretty sparse.

I just popped out to grab a few things from my local Tescos and couldn't believe it when I saw this literally about 300m from where I live.
Old 16 April 2001, 06:34 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

I saw Ramsay pacing and glaring at passing cars - which was why I had to lower the window, and grin at him - annoying bugger that he is.

If I'd known then that his pregnant wife was in the car I wouldn't have done so.
Old 16 April 2001, 08:04 PM
a2jcy
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AWD:
[B]
I saw the driver of the Subaru, and he looked English (well caucasian).

Is that touch of the crabs?( caucasian )
If so he hit the right guy
Old 17 April 2001, 12:20 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yo Jye, nice of you to promote the unbiased reporting of my employer