Sponsored by:

To superchip or not

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2001, 02:42 PM
madhatter
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone had any experience with the superchip ECU mod?
Is the performance gain worth the expence and potential problems if there are any??
Old 15 April 2001, 04:15 PM
subverbal
Scooby Regular

Wink

Most on here will say it's a bad idea to Superchip your Scoob. As far as I know it fools the ECU into supplying more boost without increasing the fueling which can lead to problems.

Check out all the posts regarding Possum Link ECUs which are a complete replacement instead of a 'piggy back' board. I've had one on my car for 8 months and they're awesome. It was set up by Bob Rawle of BR Developments who certainly knows his stuff!

Funnily enough I'm about to sell my Link ECU, Knock Link and Lambda Link as the car must go due to a new house!! So if you're interested............!!

Neil.

Old 15 April 2001, 08:25 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Wink

madhatter
princess has a superchip in her my95.its got 70k on the clock and shes had the chip for the last 8 months.
she has had not one problem! it beats my ppp car and not a lot of cars can touch it!the sheer speed and torque is gobsmacking! it starts first time every time, no pinking etc etc. she has a full decat exhaust and the noise is similar to a tvr( which my neighbour has)
ive read here that the unichip is the best budget compromise with many happy owners. from what ive read, any probs with a superchip was import owners, not uk cars.
im no expert, but i travel in a superchipped car every other day, and its quicker than my ppp'd car.
Old 15 April 2001, 09:42 PM
darren johnson
Scooby Regular

I might be interrested in chip etc let me have prices please