Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with ap 6 pots already!

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2012, 08:43 PM
waldmanbrown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with ap 6 pots already!

Had these brakes put on last thursday been running them in over the last few days have done 100 miles on them and drivers side break/disc started making a ticking noise. Only seemed to do it when warm, first of all not to bad then got worse the further i went on. So stopped the car got out and checked to see if there was anything obviouse like a stone stuck etc. etc.Everything seemed fine, so got back in drove off (no Noise?) then a couple of minuites later came back again. Then if i put my foot on brake it would not be so bad, take it of it sounds pants. Can only describe like something is dragging on the disc and making a ticking noise on the grooves as it slows down and speeds up. Going to take it back to garage tomorrow to see whats up with it, Just wonderd if any of you have come across this before.
Old 26 June 2012, 08:47 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by waldmanbrown
Had these brakes put on last thursday been running them in over the last few days have done 100 miles on them and drivers side break/disc started making a ticking noise. Only seemed to do it when warm, first of all not to bad then got worse the further i went on. So stopped the car got out and checked to see if there was anything obviouse like a stone stuck etc. etc.Everything seemed fine, so got back in drove off (no Noise?) then a couple of minuites later came back again. Then if i put my foot on brake it would not be so bad, take it of it sounds pants. Can only describe like something is dragging on the disc and making a ticking noise on the grooves as it slows down and speeds up. Going to take it back to garage tomorrow to see whats up with it, Just wonderd if any of you have come across this before.
Were the back plates removed/tweaked? If not sounds like they are rubbing on the disc.
Old 26 June 2012, 08:49 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to get this when i had my ap,s on my cossie, used to do my head in,it was the pads clicking, dont think there meant to be like that though.
Jay
Old 26 June 2012, 08:56 PM
waldmanbrown
Scooby Regular

yeah but only on drivers side this cant be write did u ever get it sorted on your cossie though? dont know about the back plates. Never new what they were there foranyway?