Sponsored by:

Wrx steering knuckle

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2012, 03:49 PM
jaymaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrx steering knuckle

hi was wondering if anyone could help me , are the blobeye wrx steering knuckle joint the same has the blobeye sti one any help would be grateful
many thanks jay
Old 07 June 2012, 03:52 PM
Neil..
Scooby Regular

No.

The WRX has a rubber type damper in it, where as the STi is a solid one.

Not sure if they are interchangable TBH.

HTH Neil
Old 07 June 2012, 04:13 PM
jaymaxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by E_M_B
No.

The WRX has a rubber type damper in it, where as the STi is a solid one.

Not sure if they are interchangable TBH.

HTH Neil

Thanks for reply ,
So anybody know if they are interchangeable or not thanks jay
Old 07 June 2012, 04:33 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Yes they are interchangeable. Have a spare one too, PM if interested.
Old 07 June 2012, 04:36 PM
jaymaxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by benno22
Yes they are interchangeable. Have a spare one too, PM if interested.

oh great just got an sti one but wasn`t sure if it would fit , thanks for the offer will keep you in mind if this one don`t turn up
thanks jay
Old 07 June 2012, 04:45 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

No worries. Sound upgrade given its proximity to the turbo and pipework!
Old 07 June 2012, 05:23 PM
jaymaxy
Scooby Regular

No worries. Sound upgrade given its proximity to the turbo and pipework!

These easy to fit or not
Old 07 June 2012, 06:23 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Mine was done whilst changing the rack sorry but found this on NASIOC which might be helpful?...........

Sti Solid steering column linkage

I've been meaning to post this, and was going to do a diy thread but didn't take pics.....

but....the install is very straight foward, its pretty much the same install for steering rack bushings. If you are going to do this mod and don't have steering rack bushings yet, now would be perfect time to do.

unbolt the steering rack bushing clamps, the 4 bolts on the center jacking plate, mark position, loosen both coupler bolts.

drop the rack, slide off old rubber damper wrx coupler, install 04-07 sti steering linkage coupler. You should have someone sit in the car and hold the steering wheel in place, or use bunjee cord, tow straps. Use a towel so the straps wont leave marks on nice leather steering wheel. Nice places to mount straps are "oh shxt handles", door lock mounts on b pillar, ebake, head rest.

I had no problems sliding back in and aligning mine. I might have been off by 1 tooth but I had alignment done soon after.

cn: Good mod, worth doing. More direct and precise steering, less wobble and vague-ness. I also feel there is less "kick back"in the steering wheel, also less dead center feeling

I don't know the part number or how much the price but I got mine cheap for ~35 shipped in the classifieds awhile ago and finally installed in cpl months ago.

If you guys can get this at a decent price i think you guys should try it. I felt much more from this mod compared to steering rack bushings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from thread

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...eering+linkage
Old 07 June 2012, 06:31 PM
jaymaxy
Scooby Regular

Mine was done whilst changing the rack sorry but found this on NASIOC which might be helpful?...........

Sti Solid steering column linkage

I've been meaning to post this, and was going to do a diy thread but didn't take pics.....

but....the install is very straight foward, its pretty much the same install for steering rack bushings. If you are going to do this mod and don't have steering rack bushings yet, now would be perfect time to do.

unbolt the steering rack bushing clamps, the 4 bolts on the center jacking plate, mark position, loosen both coupler bolts.

drop the rack, slide off old rubber damper wrx coupler, install 04-07 sti steering linkage coupler. You should have someone sit in the car and hold the steering wheel in place, or use bunjee cord, tow straps. Use a towel so the straps wont leave marks on nice leather steering wheel. Nice places to mount straps are "oh shxt handles", door lock mounts on b pillar, ebake, head rest.

I had no problems sliding back in and aligning mine. I might have been off by 1 tooth but I had alignment done soon after.

cn: Good mod, worth doing. More direct and precise steering, less wobble and vague-ness. I also feel there is less "kick back"in the steering wheel, also less dead center feeling

I don't know the part number or how much the price but I got mine cheap for ~35 shipped in the classifieds awhile ago and finally installed in cpl months ago.

If you guys can get this at a decent price i think you guys should try it. I felt much more from this mod compared to steering rack bushings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from thread

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...eering+linkage

great thanks