Re-intro and "Saftey Cameras"

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2001, 12:02 AM
superdavros
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello Everybody,

Having probably been photographed by a "Safety Camera" vehicle on the M1 yesterday, (just by Newport Pagnall services), does anyone have any information regarding these vehicles?

I read an article recently, (possibly in "Evo" magazine), but had forgotten the details - until yesterday's reminder!

Bits I remember - staffed by civilians who were picked on at school.

- They will try and nab you for 71mph on a clear day where visibility and traffic would permit a run in Thrust SSC etc etc etc.

(For the record - my speed was 90, visibility 100%, traffic - light, inappropriate speed rating 1/10)

My (re)-intro

I'm Dave, frequently found reading the great posts on the BBS. A change of job now allows time to read the BBS during "school hours".

Interests cars, women, beer. Thats about all really!

Cheers,
Dave

Old 04 April 2001, 09:30 PM
nevr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by superdavros:
<B>Hello Everybody,

Having probably been photographed by a "Safety Camera" vehicle on the M1 yesterday, (just by Newport Pagnall services), does anyone have any information regarding these vehicles?

I read an article recently, (possibly in "Evo" magazine), but had forgotten the details - until yesterday's reminder!

Bits I remember - staffed by civilians who were picked on at school.

- They will try and nab you for 71mph on a clear day where visibility and traffic would permit a run in Thrust SSC etc etc etc.

(For the record - my speed was 90, visibility 100%, traffic - light, inappropriate speed rating 1/10)

My (re)-intro

I'm Dave, frequently found reading the great posts on the BBS. A change of job now allows time to read the BBS during "school hours".

Interests cars, women, beer. Thats about all really!

Cheers,
Dave

[/quote]

If it was at Newport Pagnell services chances are it was not a safety team , was it a white Iveco van if yes then not speed related