Sponsored by:

Driven has lost the plot

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2002, 09:40 PM
WrxStiTypeRV5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Used to enjoy watching Driven and Top Gear but now they review mundane cars that are about as exciting as watching grass grow.

Why cant they bring out a series that sees all the top supercars going head-to-head.

For the love of mary, Jason Plato is a Touring Car champion so give him something tasty to drive. I enjoyed watching him thrash that evo 7. Bring it on! Lets see a Ferrari F40 pitched against an Evo 5 or a 911 turbo against a Lancia Delta Intergale. Even a Renault 5 Gt Turbo against an Xr2 would be more thrilling than the usual 'people carrier' reviews they have on.

I do not care how much luggage u can get into the back of a Space wagon for christs sake!

DRIVEN/TOP GEAR need to think hard about the 'train spotting' crew that now watch their shows. Mr and Mrs 'Practical' switch on at 8.30 to see which is the best family runabout!

Most car enthusiasts feel the need for speed and love to see someone ragging the crap out of something tasty. 'The Fast and the Furious' is what its all about.

Anyway that's my Friday night gripe. Off to pub to get annilihated and hopefully meet 'Bride of Frankenstein' if I'm lucky!

Old 26 April 2002, 11:07 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Have u not seen top gear GTi?
Si