Sponsored by:

your opinion on this.....

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2011, 06:28 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your opinion on this.....

ok long story short, ages ago i ordered a cobrasport centre decat....fitted it and found that the angle that the exhaust leveled out at where it meets the midsection was swept a bit high...meaning that i had to oush the mid section up to get it to meet with the decat, which then resulted in a very poor seal around the cone gasket and lots of blowing. Took it off and re fitted standard item. The support bracket also didnt line up, and the hole for the bolt in that was the wrong size anyway.
After a lot of poor service (not from pete, as it wasnt his dept to be dealing with the issue) and having to ask for my money back, i finally received a replacement today, which they tell me has been made fresh against the original to ensure it will be 100% accurate.

Now, in fairness, iv compared the 2 pipes by eye on a flat surface and the new one sent to me does visually appear to be swept at a slightly different angle at one end. (new one on left, previous on right)

Iv not put my car up on my ramp at work yet to trial fit it, but theres a couple of others things which im not liking the look of, and thought id see what u guys think...

firstly, the angle at which the flange section has been welded on, is well on the wonk....(new one top, previous bottom)

Also, the support bracket this time might as well not actually be there....instead of the nicely drilled out round hole for the bolt iv got this this time...

anyone else got any thoughts on this. or got any pics of their centre decat from someone like afterburner?
Old 25 May 2011, 06:32 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

That is some shocking fabrication!
Old 25 May 2011, 06:38 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

there is obvious differance,but would you not expect that if the first one did not fit?,might just look desieving..(hopefully anyway)

the hole on the hanger looks like its been fabricated that way to give you a better chance of lining your holes up but looks a pi55 poor fabricating effort,i had a cobra decat on my bugeye and it was nothing like that,cant remember the angle tho..

good luck with fitting it
Old 25 May 2011, 06:44 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by motofox
there is obvious differance,but would you not expect that if the first one did not fit?,might just look desieving..(hopefully anyway)

the hole on the hanger looks like its been fabricated that way to give you a better chance of lining your holes up but looks a pi55 poor fabricating effort,i had a cobra decat on my bugeye and it was nothing like that,cant remember the angle tho..

good luck with fitting it
lol but yeh there isnt actually a hole for the bolt anymore its just a bif rectangle i could prob pass the entire bolt through.
Im reluctant to make much comment on the flange until iv trial fitted it....but one side barely makes much contact with the cone gasket as only a few mm of pipe are coming through...compared to the opposite side which has a decent 1cm of pipe coming through to support the entire inside of the cone gasket.
The hole thing looks pretty sloppy regardless of with its gonna fit or not lol
Old 25 May 2011, 06:48 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djandyg
lol but yeh there isnt actually a hole for the bolt anymore its just a bif rectangle i could prob pass the entire bolt through.
Im reluctant to make much comment on the flange until iv trial fitted it....but one side barely makes much contact with the cone gasket as only a few mm of pipe are coming through...compared to the opposite side which has a decent 1cm of pipe coming through to support the entire inside of the cone gasket.
The hole thing looks pretty sloppy regardless of with its gonna fit or not lol
i agree wit you mate.would be very handy if somebody else had one for you to compare against.Dont know where you had it from but try contacting http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/ and send them the pictures,as they are cobra suppliers.
Old 25 May 2011, 06:50 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by motofox
i agree wit you mate.would be very handy if somebody else had one for you to compare against.Dont know where you had it from but try contacting http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/ and send them the pictures,as they are cobra suppliers.
Thats who its from bud...
Old 25 May 2011, 06:51 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djandyg
Thats who its from bud...
DOH!!!
Old 25 May 2011, 06:57 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

certainly agree the mounting bracket looks a dogs dinner. with regards to the flange...i had a similar problem with my afterburner centre section not meeting up with the second decat pipe after the downpipe...had to purchase the afterburner one to get them to line up properly and seal. maybe that's why the flange looks wonky on yours perhaps, so they can ensure a good fit?
Old 25 May 2011, 07:12 PM
sean95wrx
Scooby Regular

fookin ell, that welding looks like pidgeon poo
Old 25 May 2011, 07:23 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy if I were you I'd throw it back at them and demand your cash back. Shocking workmanship
Old 25 May 2011, 07:41 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to order a Cobrasport decat downpipe, don't think I'll bother now
Old 25 May 2011, 07:53 PM
tony_xs
Scooby Regular

dear lord they sent that out to you?

if it was me bud that would be getting installed right up someones ****
Old 25 May 2011, 08:26 PM
ukimpreza
Scooby Regular

does this company not have a quality control, i'd not even trial fit it mate i'd chuck it straight back through their window,
you'd think if a customer is not happy with the fit they'd make the extra effort to make sure the fabrication is perfect.
Old 25 May 2011, 08:27 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

As others have said that is **** poor. Get it back to them and get your money back.
Old 25 May 2011, 09:09 PM
krisal
Scooby Regular

Had a prob with cobra centre decat on my newage , had to dye grind the holes to make it fit the downpipe , all good now but seems your not alone
Old 25 May 2011, 09:23 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Well after a month of initially trying to get a replacement i did send them an email saying enough is enough and i wanted my money back as was going to go elsewhere....which is when they finally said they were gonna get a replacement out to me...so i thought id give a second chance. The flange may actually fit, but the mess of the support bracket alone makes me feel someones taking the ****! I showed it to a mate tonight who is a tech at mountune performance, who agreed its extremely poor finish. Theres loads of burrs round the welds inside too which need a file running over them first. If i get a chance in my lunch tomo i may think about trial fitting it to see how much of a better line up it is over the first one.....but at the end of the day, its an impreza not a saxo.....you got to ask yourself if you really want such substandard parts on your performance car...
Old 25 May 2011, 09:30 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Send it back, order one from the likes of a tuner on here and be done with it
Old 25 May 2011, 09:34 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Send it back, order one from the likes of a tuner on here and be done with it
lesson learnt. Funnily enough theyre one of the advertisers for the site tho, which is how i found them! lol
Old 25 May 2011, 09:44 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is poor I have a cobra centre section and its not a patch on the H&S I had before. It's ok but could be so much better for a bit more effort, was a **** to fit also.
Old 25 May 2011, 10:21 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well I can assure you these jokers won't be getting any business from me any time soon with the fabrication skills of Stevie Wonder!

I wouldn't even put that on a Barry'd up Saxo
Old 25 May 2011, 10:22 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/traders-co...t-details.html

Call them and demand answers or report them to trading standards!
Old 26 May 2011, 05:55 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

ive dealt with pete in the past and hes been ok, funnily enough ive recommended them to someone recently on here and to be fair the finished system was good, that's shocking though looks like it was a blindfold test
Old 26 May 2011, 11:35 AM
Cobra Sport Exhausts
Former Sponsor

Hi,

Thankyou for bringing this to our attention.

Yes we have seen the thread ourselves, and are truly horrified to see this...

Please see this reply we have wrote to him -

Hi Andy,

My name is Rachel and I am Pete’s sister and business partner in Exhausts UK/Cobra Sport Exhausts.

We regularly monitor forums for exhaust related discussions as part of our business development strategies.

I was shocked and horrified to see the above thread regarding not one, but two poor quality exhausts that you have now received from us, following an initial complaint.

Pete and I work very hard to ensure the continued growth of our Company and the Cobra Sport brand and take very seriously any complaints or comments.

We have during the last couple of years been working closely with Subaru UK to develop a range of exhausts for them, which has resulted in many changes throughout the Company.

It therefore disappoints me even further that one person could produce poor quality work that will reflect upon our company as a whole.

I have just had a meeting with the whole staff regarding your case and the particular individual in question will now be placed under a training review as a result.

As for your particular problem, I would like the opportunity to prove to you that normally our work is of a high standard and go some way to compensating you for the problems which you have encountered.

I therefore propose (if you agree?) to send you a completely new part fabricated by one of our senior fabricators.

In addition, I will also send you a full refund for the amount that you have paid (£59.00)

I will also arrange for the two faulty parts to be collected at the same time.

I hope that you accept this proposal and that this will go some way to repairing our reputation with you.

I look forward to hearing from you to make further arrangements for delivery/collection if possible?

Kind Regards

Rachel Jarvis
Director
Exhausts UK Limited
Unit 7 Surbiton Street
Sheffield S9 2DN

+44 (0) 114 244 7666 (Direct Line)
+44 (0) 114 244 7333 (Reception)
+44 (0) 114 244 7888 (Fax)
rachel@exhaustsuk.com (email)

I hope that you feel that this has been delt with in a professional manor, and gives you the confidence in our brand as you had before...

This will not happen again, and any feed back is always welcome.

Many Thanks

Pete
Old 26 May 2011, 12:49 PM
classic scooby
Scooby Regular

Fantastic reply and sounds like your situation will now be sorted
i have used Exhausts UK for many years on many different cars without any problems at all,i reccomend them highly and can only see this as a VERY small blip

Nick.
Old 26 May 2011, 02:37 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't say fairer than that.
Makes a refreshing change to see a company admitting something was wrong and then going out of their way to sort the issue out.
Old 26 May 2011, 03:12 PM
motofox
Scooby Regular

You cant ask for better than that.Atleast they have replied and with some positive feedback and not just come out with some bull.Full refund and a promise,surely got to be worth it.

nice one Cobra
Old 26 May 2011, 03:35 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good call Pete
Old 26 May 2011, 03:36 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fantastic outcome
Really good to hear
Well done cobra
Old 26 May 2011, 03:57 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good customer service cobra
Old 26 May 2011, 05:28 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Thanks pete, as said in my response to Rachel I very much appreciate the turnaround of the situations outcome, and look forward to having some closure on the situation soon.
As mentioned to you before, I couldnt ask for more with regards to your help and input from the beginning of the matter.
Thank you,
Andy

Quick Reply: your opinion on this.....