Sponsored by:

Auto100 / Sales Assistance nottingham car sales

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2011, 06:57 PM
waldmanbrown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto100 / Sales Assistance nottingham car sales

Hi people, random question - has anyone had any dealings with the car dealer www.auto100.co.uk in Mansfield, Nottingham? My wife's found a car she wants to buy but we saw a couple of dodgy reviews on the company on the internet, and not being from that area, thought it was worth asking. I think it was previously called Sales Assistance Ltd.

Any comments good or bad gratefully received
Old 06 June 2011, 05:44 PM
crazydoctor
Scooby Newbie

Default My Experience - Never again!!!

Hi,

Sure all their cars can't be bad otherwise they wouldn't be still in business, but my experience was very bad. I've found many, many other unhappy customers and a story about a mustang they sold alledgedly with dodgy brakes. Search for this one on the internet for more details.

Everyone who has problems seems to give a similar story, that they don't seem to care, or run you around not wanting to fix problems.

My saving grace was I'd purchased via a finance company. I was able to sue the finance company as the garage didn't care. In the end they got forced to take the car back, and from my end the finance co. settled out of court. I'm lucky that at the time I had the money available to fight. At one point I was over £12k out of pocket because of the legal fees etc... I ended up having to use my track day car to go to work in as I couldn't afford a 2nd car and the one from them was undriveable.

Not my intention to make defamatory comments about auto100, but to state my experience. Moderators; there is nothing said above that cannot be backed up with receipts, proof, legal letters etc...

Good luck and I hope you find a really good example. Honestly, I'd steer well clear from these guys, but you makes your choices, you takes your chances...

Rgds
Old 06 June 2011, 10:17 PM
waldmanbrown
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your reply crazydoctor. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience - sounds like you were ok in the end though - pleased you got it sorted. We didn't get the car from them in the end, and boy am I relieved after hearing your story. How do these guys sleep at night