Sponsored by:

FFS What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2011, 06:37 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FFS What to do?

Sold a gearbox recently that I know was 100% good working order as I drove the car it came out of for a while, Basically the guy told me he was buying it as it was easier than replacing the input shaft oil seal and now miraculously he and his garage have learned to strip boxes and say that 3rd gear will not select and the diff is whining but they can build 1 good one out of the two, They can do this but not replace a seal on a box they know is good He is now asking me to refund half of the money and wants to keep the box Can kiss my ****, I told him I want the whole box and will clearly know it is mine as I have marked it, Had people trying it on before and have learn't my lesson Anyway He wanted to pay through paypal and I was a bit dubious about this as he also wanted to pick it up, He kept on and seemed a nice enough bloke so I let him and now he is just threatening to put a paypal dispute in, Problem I have is he collected so have no proof of post obviously, Any ideas, What can I do? He is going to get to keep my box and get his money back
Old 08 March 2011, 06:44 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell him bollox and close the paypal account down
Old 08 March 2011, 06:48 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

As above there taking the pi55.
Old 08 March 2011, 06:48 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by L.J.F
Tell him bollox and close the paypal account down
Paypal can still take money from your connected account. Unlikely to work, paypal aren't stupid.

OP - how was the paypal payment made - was it paid as "gift". If so, I don't think you get the dispute protection.

If there were all the fees paid and he collected, you might be stuck. With no proof that the buyer has the item, paypal may side with the buyer.

However, if he says he got it and "not as described" paypal will side with the seller - paypal can't make comment on condition of the item .
Old 08 March 2011, 06:59 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies, It was bought on ebay and paid for through ebay/paypal so hopefully it will be ok, I am willing to take the box back and go halfs on a courier but funnily enough he wishes to keep the box but wants half the money back I would rather just have the box back, Will have to wait and see what he say's next I suppose
Old 08 March 2011, 07:06 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Thats more than most would do,usually the buyer has to cover the return,it might pay to use a separate bank account from your main one for paypal in case this happens again,then empty it and tell them to
Old 08 March 2011, 08:30 PM
REDBULL2
Scooby Regular

know a few people including my self got wripped off though paypal, it sucks the buyer had 3 months to cancell the payment. had £120 sent to me for items then few weeks later i seen paypal was holding the money till i could prove i sent good which i couldnt two weeks later they got there money back and the goods
Old 08 March 2011, 08:38 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Probably not done myself any favours as I lost my temper, He started it though He is refusing to send the box back and wants his money refunded
Old 08 March 2011, 08:40 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

wouldn't even entertain....
Old 08 March 2011, 08:55 PM
Martin 2010
Scooby Regular

id just say no likey not lighty lol, hes tryin it on mate obviously box is fine and just trying to get money back, the buyer has to pay for postage to return it, and u can refund once items returned, simples, id let him try his luck through paypal as he is so thick he prob not put that it didnt turn up just that it does work showing that he did receive it, then he wouldnt get ne money back till proving its been returnd
Old 08 March 2011, 09:10 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

What garage? Name and shame time.
Old 08 March 2011, 09:20 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
What garage? Name and shame time.

I have no idea, It's his mates garage apparently, Keeps messaging me through ebay, Everytime I mention returning the box he ignores me and demands a partial refund so he can keep the box and use the bits This garage however who wouldn't change the input shaft oil seal can now strip boxes and rebuild them, You should be carefull what you tell people if your planning on having them over
Old 08 March 2011, 09:24 PM
Andy03STI
Scooby Regular

Just make sure you save all the messages he's sent to prove he has the box and his intentions on not wanting to return it.
Old 08 March 2011, 09:28 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy03STI
Just make sure you save all the messages he's sent to prove he has the box and his intentions on not wanting to return it.

I was thinking that That is the only proof I have of him collecting it, I have a short fuse and he is winding me up, Think I'll just ignore him from now on and see if he actually opens a dispute, He just keeps threatening to do it at the moment.
Old 08 March 2011, 09:43 PM
Andy03STI
Scooby Regular

I know how you feel. I've got some prodrives wheels on eBay at moment again because of timewasters not paying. Last three times I've sold something on there been nothing but hassle.
Old 08 March 2011, 09:59 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

as other's have said ebay/paypal will side with you if he wont send the box back and the fact that he has taken it apart wont help either.
Old 08 March 2011, 10:51 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

open a dispute yourself first? dont know if this is possible?
Old 09 March 2011, 06:24 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Amongst other things I cannot repeat this guy told me today he is running nearly 400bhp, Well on that note I told him to do one as my box obviously wasn't capable of running that, I know he is lying and if not he is just plain stupid buying my box but either way I think that is good reason for me not to give him any sort of refund and I'm not going to either, Cheers for the info though people
Old 09 March 2011, 06:37 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

PayPal will raise a dispute on his behalf, you offer a full refund upon the reciept of your gearbox in same condition it was sent and paypal will back you as they have no reason not to when u offer a full refund. Also when sending items always get a tracking code as input this in item sent on paypal and they release funds once tracking shows delivered even if buyer doesnt leave posative feedback ive done this when my payments were been help when i had a new ebay account.