ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGH PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2001, 01:06 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Left the scoob in a car park this morning, went and bought some picture frames for me new office.

Came back and put said frames in the boot and thought that i'd best wipe snow off of the lights, wiped the nearside light off, bent over to reach the driving light and then i saw it

Running from door handle down to sill on the passenger door, a dent to end all dents.

Some lowlife, yellow bellied, scumbag, tosser,w**nker had slid into me car and then F**ked off. You could clearly see in the snow where the car had slid into my baby.

I hope that they rot in hell and I mean it

Cowards

Does anyone know of a good dent remover in the Nottingham Area? I don't wanna go buy a whole new panel if i can help it.

*******S

Rant over and any pointers greatfully recieved.

MIKEY
Old 21 March 2001, 01:12 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Red face

No pointers mate, but had a similar thing done to my baby too, know exactly how you feel

Hope you get it sorted at minimal expense to yourself mate.

All the best, Alex

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 21 March 2001).]
Old 21 March 2001, 01:35 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Gridlock Mikey,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car, I have to say that I find it appaling that people have so little regard for other peoples property that they can do this sort of thing. I think this is the worst part of Impreza ownership, the worry that some piece of scum is going to hit it or vandalise it when it is parked up.

My friend was riding his motorbike on Friday night along a main road when a young lad in a blue Vauxhall Nova coming the other way (what else ) decides to do a U turn in the road. He then sees the motorbike coming and just stops in the middle of the road. My friend on the motorbike tries to avoid him but can't and clips the back of his car writing his bike off in the process. What does the young lad in the Vauxhall Nova then do?? Thats right he just drives off leaving my friend lying in the road. Luckily enough my friend got the number plate (and has a witness) but do you know what action the police are going to take?? They have written the owner of the Nova a letter.

Not totally relevant to what happened to you but it gives you some idea of the sort of person we are dealing with out there. If they don't care that they might of killed someone then they are not going to care about hitting someones car.

Edited to say I didn't mean to put the smilie it was an accident

[This message has been edited by JoeyDeacon (edited 21 March 2001).]
Old 21 March 2001, 02:00 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Good Bodyshop - Try Marshall of Leicester - Yes i know it's a Vauxhall garage however their bodyshop is the bollox, they repair and paint cars for the local Ferrari dealership (or at least used to).

Last time i was in there they where repairing/repainting an old Dino, Testarossa and a 308

Bodyshop Manager - Raj Macram - known as Mac
01162 461544

BTW - Sorry to hear 'bout your car, what scum!

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 21 March 2001).]
Old 21 March 2001, 02:29 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Mikey,

Sorry to hear your news mate.

I used a dent repair firm in Notts last year; I'll find the details at work first thing tomorrow and let you know unless you get sorted first!!

He can't remove dents that are behind any double skins but I think Impreza doors are pretty straight forward apart from the line that runs down the middle on the outer skin. Is this creased? May be struggling to remove that if it is.

Ba**ards should be hung!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

Old 21 March 2001, 05:34 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Angry

$hite!

Can't help you mate, but you have my sympathies.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Rich
Old 21 March 2001, 07:36 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Question

Dent master any good?

I'm dreading taking it to a dealer cos I mentioned the damage to a Dealer type bodyshop and they went straight for the kill and said "...oh well you'll probably need a new door, especially cos the side impact bars will probably be shot, it's a safety issue you see..."

I told them how i thought it'd happened but he just kept talking £00's

Even with my limited knowledge in these matters, i know it don't need new impact bars, how do I prevent the dealers from taking me for a ride?

Mikey
Old 21 March 2001, 08:18 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
oh no!!!!!!!!

my cars just come back from the bonnet being repaired from you know what incident!

i went to Beechdale subaru to get it fixed! they contract it out!!

a body shop on Morley St. Daybrook. not sure what its called!

Allan Perry's Huntingdon St. r good as well
they do KevinW's work no his WRX

Phil
Old 21 March 2001, 10:27 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mike,

Just remembered there is a body shop place near my work in Beeston. They forever have ferraris and top motors in their workshop. Will endeavour to pop over and get a name and number for them so you can give them a bell.

Don't know what price they charge, could be a lot with all the ferraris and the like I see there