Sponsored by:

removing inlet manifold help !

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2011, 10:38 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing inlet manifold help !

my car is patiently waiting for a rebuild and at the moment i am addicted to polishing aluminium parts in my engine bay
i was wondering how difficult removing the inlet manifold is ? is it just a case of labeling hoses to put bak correctly? or a royal pain in the **** ? as i would really like to polish it up thanks guys
Old 23 January 2011, 11:34 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

took me bloody ages to take mine off,, around 2 hours as the clips for the injectors wasnt giving up and the solid pipe for the dump valve was a pain and th stupid inlet hose had a pipe on it that didnt was budge at all,,,, never tried to put it back on yet but ill be ditching alot of whats under there to get it easier next time

there is quite a few hoses that need to be undone but as said im gonna be ditching some so i can loose the dump valve and redoing the breather system too
Old 23 January 2011, 11:44 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ginge !
took me bloody ages to take mine off,, around 2 hours as the clips for the injectors wasnt giving up and the solid pipe for the dump valve was a pain and th stupid inlet hose had a pipe on it that didnt was budge at all,,,, never tried to put it back on yet but ill be ditching alot of whats under there to get it easier next time

there is quite a few hoses that need to be undone but as said im gonna be ditching some so i can loose the dump valve and redoing the breather system too
yea i imagined it to b a bit involved and time consuming , maybe i wait til it goes in for its rebuild and nick it for a day or so once hes stripped it down , saves me the ag