Help on selling car ??

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2010, 09:56 AM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help on selling car ??

Hi,
I have a potential buyer for my classic, she is coming over from France to view/purchase (fingers crossed).
Other than getting her to accompany me to the back with the cash (to make sure it's not dodgy), will do a receipt etc stating date and time car was sold, so I don't get 12 points for doing 150 on the M25 back to dover !!, anything else I should do??
Also what bits of the V5 need to be completed?? just the normal sale bit or does the export bit need doing as well ??

sorry if some of this is a bit obvious - just call me suspiscious, paranoid etc..

thanksIan
Old 20 December 2010, 10:29 AM
musso2010
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiMan
Hi,
I have a potential buyer for my classic, she is coming over from France to view/purchase (fingers crossed).
Other than getting her to accompany me to the back with the cash (to make sure it's not dodgy), will do a receipt etc stating date and time car was sold, so I don't get 12 points for doing 150 on the M25 back to dover !!, anything else I should do??
Also what bits of the V5 need to be completed?? just the normal sale bit or does the export bit need doing as well ??

sorry if some of this is a bit obvious - just call me suspiscious, paranoid etc..

thanksIan
Give her the entire V5 EXCEPT for the export bit. You fill that in and post it off. Make sure you get a recipt and if poss check out a piece of her I.D, even better, photocopy their passport and send that to the DVLA aswell.
Old 20 December 2010, 10:47 AM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by musso2010
Give her the entire V5 EXCEPT for the export bit. You fill that in and post it off. Make sure you get a recipt and if poss check out a piece of her I.D, even better, photocopy their passport and send that to the DVLA aswell.
thats exactly what ya do.. ive just sold my sti7 to an austrian guy, if you knew the price's they pay for the subaru over there you'd understand why they come to the uk to buy em

hope all goes as well as mine has..

p.s when i spoke to dvla about it they told me to give them the full v5, i send the export section and a letter stating i no longer own the car and the new owner's address. also if the car is 2001- she will need a certificate of conformaty..

wayne.
Old 20 December 2010, 10:59 AM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Question

Cheers Guys,
Will request the passport photocopy,
So just to be clear, the only bit of the V5 that I need to fill in is the export bit, I give the rest to the purchaser?
The car is MY00 (2000), so certificate of conformity? required? who gets this?

thanks

Ian..
Old 20 December 2010, 11:34 AM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiMan
Cheers Guys,
Will request the passport photocopy,
So just to be clear, the only bit of the V5 that I need to fill in is the export bit, I give the rest to the purchaser?
The car is MY00 (2000), so certificate of conformity? required? who gets this?

thanks

Ian..
give her the v5 with your signature and dated at the bottom, you fill the export bit in. she takes the v5, you send export section along with a letter stating you no longer own the car and give the details of the new owner in france

you or she will need to get the european certificate of conformaty for her to be able to register it oversea's.. this is only nessersary if your car is 2000 onwards. and is availible from subaru uk. its free if its a uk car and £150 if its an imported car.

have a look here
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...onformity.html

Last edited by rapid.STI; 20 December 2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 20 December 2010, 12:08 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Wayne, your help and advice is much appreciated.

Ian..