Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Scoobyshop and Quickshift

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2001, 06:51 PM
David Blows
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations and thanks to all at Scoobyshop! For many moons now I wondered about getting a quickshift for my MY99, believing the difference may only be marginal (in the region of 10% or so).

I couldn't afford or justify a three figure sum for something I wasn't sure about.

But when I saw the new Scoobyshop advertising the GGR quickshift at a special price, I thought I'd take a punt.

And am I glad I did! Not only was the price right and the service spot on, but the quickshift is superb - far better than I hoped. I test drove a P1 a few weeks back, and I'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference, it's that good.

Slicker, quicker through the gears - and loads more fun.

Thanks Scoobyshop - keep up the good work!

David Blows
Old 11 March 2001, 07:38 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Indeed thankyou scoobyshop, when i've built up the muscle power to get the old know (ooeerr) off i'll be very happy

Si
Old 11 March 2001, 09:01 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

David

Glad you're happy with it, just don't forget to tell your insurance company. Whilst enquiring re PPP with my insurance peeps, thought I'd let 'em know about the Quickshift that is on its way ( ). Mine consider it a performance upgrade (my first!!!) & have put me up a group It's going to make all of about £10 difference on the year tho' so not too worried. Might be different for others, so better tell 'em.

Can't wait to get it fitted tho'

Old 11 March 2001, 09:17 PM
Maxy_UK
Scooby Regular

Hi all

Fitted my one today......what a job it was to get the new shifter back into the socket, thanx goto Dougie for the help

Went out for a drive in it and it sure is shorter...!! Gonna have to get used to the shorter throw now. The feel of the box is not much different though.

Ian
Old 11 March 2001, 10:33 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Fitted mine today and I'm very impressed with the ease of fitting, took 10 mins, the quality and the shorter throw, well done scoobyshop
Old 12 March 2001, 12:14 AM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Smile

All,

Nice to hear that the Quickshift is feeling great! Please remember this though. The quickshifting part is effectively only at the gear lever end. This means that the Synchromesh part of the gearbox is still running at the old longer throw pace. Therefore it is much easier to beat the Synchronisation and crunch the 'box.

It does feel better though!

Matt
Old 12 March 2001, 12:20 AM
Podger
Scooby Regular

Wink

Best leave fitting to a garage......only cos it's a fiddle, about an hours work.
Old 12 March 2001, 10:28 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the kind words gents

We were all (including GGR) stunned at how many quick-shifts we sold...

We ended up cleaning GGR out completely, then cleaning out the new batch that they had ordered and hadn't even been finished yet, then went on to need an entire new batch to be made!!! We even exhausted the UK stock of the subaru bushes at one point!!!

Thanks to everyone for their support, I'm really pleased you are happy with them.

All the best

Simon
Old 12 March 2001, 10:36 AM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Have to agree as well!! I put mine in 2 weeks ago and it is chuffing marvellous....

Jamie
Old 12 March 2001, 11:42 AM
richd
Scooby Newbie

I drive a std UK MY99 and am starting to think about mods. The quickshift is one of the items I'd like to have, but how easy is it to install? Bearing in mind that I know bugger all about mechanics, is it worth having a go myself? Or would I be better off leaving it to someone who knows what they are doing?
Old 12 March 2001, 01:24 PM
Lambo
Scooby Regular

I did mine on saturday, took 10-15 minutes and was very simple. There were full instructions with pictures on one of the other threads, can't remember which, just do a search for it.
Old 12 March 2001, 05:31 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

here ya go
Old 12 March 2001, 10:26 PM
Maxy_UK
Scooby Regular

Hey Richd

I fitted mine the other day....was easy enough but needed 2 people to achieve it took about 20 mins not really a job that you have to pay someone to do

BTW where abouts in Co. Durham are you? I will be around that area in a couple of weeks, i could show you how easy it is.

Ian
Old 12 March 2001, 10:58 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the old one out of a MY96.

1) Told just to pull it - nearly gave myself a hernia and heard horrible cracking noises.

2) Told there was a circlip underneath the car - looked under but alas no circlip.

3) Now told circlip is under rubber cover (the one that seperates inside from outside) - will look tomorrow.

Bl*$dy elusive circlip
Old 13 March 2001, 07:22 PM
richd
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Thanks for the comments guys. One quickshift now on order, awaiting dispatch date. The instructions look simple enough, even for me!

Maxy_UK - Thanks for the offer. I'm in Shildon. Drop me an email when you're coming down and I'll see if I'm about.

Rich
Old 13 March 2001, 07:41 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Does it fit the new UK WRX model?
Old 17 March 2001, 04:09 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Just received mine today; hooray!
Before i go and rip my car to pieces fitting it can I just check that it's the right one: I ordered one for my MY00 but the GG paperwork serial number (038) suggests it's a MY98/99 one.
The part itself is a bar with a curve at the lower end welded within which is a tube with bushes in it (it's the same as the one in the iclub link posted by Mr Cookie above) Have I got the right bit for my car?