Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling/Splitting.... any regrets??

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2010, 01:13 PM
fmp
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Selling/Splitting.... any regrets??

So i have come to a point in my life where spending every last penny on my Impreza is no longer practical or a passion.

I have realised there are more important things in my personal life, such as family, and would like to start experiencing other things in life, such as holidays etc. Plus it would allow me to clear some debt and probably live a slightly less stressful life. (i fear it might be part of getting old!! hahaha)

So i am planning to split it and move on. But although i am 99% sure this is what i want to do, there is still that 1% in the back of my mind that says i might regret it.

Especially after all the time, effort and money i have put into it over the last 18 months or so.

So has anyone done the same, sold or split for whatever reason and regretted it?

Or maybe it was the best thing you have ever done?!

All thoughts, opinions and thoughts welcome!
Old 10 November 2010, 01:30 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up breaking my Type R and selling my 05 Spec C for the same reasons.I wanted something more practical and cheaper to run and ended up buying an 06 BMW 535d M Sport.This car was so mind numbingly boring to drive i kept it for 5 months and got shot.In hindsight i wish i had kept the Spec C as it made me smile everytime i drove it
Old 10 November 2010, 01:41 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

What if you get a cheapo-car, although it might hurt the pocket to start, garage your scoob and watch the cheapo-car pay for itself with petrol savings. Some chav is only going to end up buying your scoob and wrecking it mate.
Old 10 November 2010, 01:43 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold my Scoob two weeks ago, I thought I would regret it but because I bought my E39 M5 2 days later I've not given it a second thought I had 7k spare to put towards a house and pay off bills and the M5 is no less fun than the Scoob at the minute
Old 10 November 2010, 01:53 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Is it rear wheel drive? I had a 320d msport, lovely car, 50 to the gallon, cheap tax (insurance not so cheap) pretty quick and ok at top end, but ****. When it starting snowing last year, and I mean we only had a couple of inches, I nearly killed myself every day in the thing and that wasnt coz i thought i was driving a scoob. The back end just keeps going on ya.

Careful how you drive in the winter mate and christ's sake, when you're at a junction, wait til there is NO CARS in sight otherwise you'll get part way out of the junction and start spinning.

My boss just got a 635d, power horse too, as fast as a stock WRX and its just a diesel, but he hates it. It loses back end in the rain and he cant wait to change it. Just drive care in the beamer bud.
Old 10 November 2010, 05:05 PM
fmp
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info guys.

i probably should of given more away about my current motor situation.

I currently have a Panda 100HP daily driver, and the Impreza as a weekend toy. So the car doesnt get much use anyways.

So my thinking was to sell both and get something like a RenaultSport Clio, which i have had a couple in the past. Entertaining enough for track days and practical enough for daily duties.

Plus i would have enough money to repay a few loans etc, and be a good few hundred quid better off each month. Not to mention not having to tax, insure and fuel two cars!

I am 99% sold on the idea, but as i say, there is just something in the back of my head.

Although i guess with cars, i can always come back to another in the future?!
Old 11 November 2010, 09:50 AM
fmp
Scooby Regular

anyone else?