Sponsored by:

Queue jumping at traffic lights

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2001, 10:58 AM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I was queued up this morning at some traffic lights and a guy in a Honda decides that he will skip a 5 minute queue and try and push in front of me. To do this, he had to mount the kerb, and as the 2 cars collided, it left 2 massive 6 foot long scrapes down his side. To my surprise he drove off at speed and didn't even look round.

Luckily I was in my Range Rover with bullbars and not the scoob, and there was no damage to it - didn't even feel a thing. Anyway, I hope the incident taught him a lesson. Do you reckon he had no insurance?
Old 15 March 2001, 11:12 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. Due to rush hour traffic I was stationary on the inside lane of a roundabout just waiting to pull off (Fairly big roundabout with two lanes). A few cars had gone by in the next lane when I felt the car move. A woman had tried to get past in a Fiat Punto and managed to catch the edge of my bumper as she drove by. She just carried on going so I started to follow her. She then pulled over and we started to have a heated discussion about the incident. At first she tried to make out it was my fault (I was stationary!!) but when I pointed out it wasn't a box junction she changed the subject and we swapped insurance details. I then had a look at my car and realised i had a slight scratch on the bumper whilst her car had a big crease half way down the car so I said to her there was no point putting it through the insurance. She agreed with this and said she would just say it happened in a car park (And we wonder why insurance is so high!) Drove away, reported it to my insurance company and never heard another thing!

Maybe this guy is going to do a similar sort of thing?? How old was the car??
Old 15 March 2001, 01:17 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

On the way to work yesterday I was in reasonably queued slow moving traffic on the M11 near cambridge... suprise, an old red/maroon cortina type car with a flat cap type driver came along and passed all the traffic... on the hard shoulder. The amusing thing is that 4minutes later, as I had joined the A14, I passed him as he tootled along at about 55mph on the dual-carriageway... so it was obviously a very worthwhile risk he had taken... definitely one for the title "Coffin dodger".

Moray
Old 16 March 2001, 09:24 AM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

It turns out that the car, a T reg Honda, was a stolen hire car, nicked last July. I wish I'd hit him harder now!
Old 16 March 2001, 09:31 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Why am I not surprised at that news? Good job there's no damage to your car.