Sponsored by:

subaru insurance

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2010, 10:26 AM
primeragtir
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question subaru insurance

hi could anyone reconmmned a good insurance company for my 1998 impreza import thanks for helpin
Old 22 October 2010, 10:29 AM
scoobeedoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by primeragtir
hi could anyone reconmmned a good insurance company for my 1998 impreza import thanks for helpin

Try Gary Moulson @ Keith Michaels.

Don't know the number but he's on here as moley wrx
Old 22 October 2010, 10:39 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance section

Tony
Old 22 October 2010, 11:05 AM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobeedoo

and he is the ONLY person i would ever deal with for my insurance,,,,, proper sorted me out and ive not had my car taken off me by the police in the almost 2 years ive had my policy with them,,,,,,,,, UNLIKE APLAN !!

best insurance company i have ever used as far as customer service goes aswell
Old 22 October 2010, 11:33 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Insurance section

Tony
In addition, there are lots of threads on here regarding insurance, try the search function on the toolbar
Old 22 October 2010, 11:40 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gary covers all the bases. Has so far insured my Scoob, Lotus, 172 and now my curent Mondeo oil burner. If my life continues on it's current trend, he will be insuring a 2CV for me
Old 22 October 2010, 11:41 AM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Though if you park it on the street dnt bother he wouldn't evan give me a qoute.
Old 22 October 2010, 01:08 PM
ac1867
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER
Though if you park it on the street dnt bother he wouldn't evan give me a qoute.
+1.

Aplan sorted me out, although everywhere I tried was twice as expensive as last year.
Old 22 October 2010, 04:48 PM
Ramdog81
Scooby Regular

Gary Moulson is certainly a lot better then any other brokers I've spoken too.
Old 09 February 2011, 04:21 PM
Nobert
Scooby Newbie

Been looking around for recommended insurers/brokers and came across this thread.

Unfortunately I phoned once yesterday, left a message, and nobody has phoned me back so phoned twice earlier this afternoon and the phone was put down on me each time - never even got a chance to speak to Gary Moulson...

Doesn't bode well for the future.
Old 09 February 2011, 06:40 PM
STi_Si
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobeedoo

+1
Old 09 February 2011, 07:12 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nobert
Been looking around for recommended insurers/brokers and came across this thread.

Unfortunately I phoned once yesterday, left a message, and nobody has phoned me back so phoned twice earlier this afternoon and the phone was put down on me each time - never even got a chance to speak to Gary Moulson...

Doesn't bode well for the future.
Thats a nice first post. Welcome to the forum
Old 10 February 2011, 11:51 AM
Nobert
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Thats a nice first post. Welcome to the forum
Can't fathom out the reason for your sarcasm. Mine is a simple, factual post which perhaps shows that I was not treated well by customer services.

Thanks to the other poster who again recommended Gary Moulson @ Keith Michaels and especially to the one who PM's me a direct contact number for him.
Old 10 February 2011, 12:56 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Nobert - feel free to pm me your number if you can't get through and i'll call you back

Gary
Old 10 February 2011, 05:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nobert
Can't fathom out the reason for your sarcasm. Mine is a simple, factual post which perhaps shows that I was not treated well by customer services.

Thanks to the other poster who again recommended Gary Moulson @ Keith Michaels and especially to the one who PM's me a direct contact number for him.
Well generally when a member joins a forum (as a newbie not an alias account for example), they introduce themselves, explain what car they have/are purchasing and generally fit in. They don't tend to (unless they are an alias account etc) come on and slate a well known/respected insurers as their first post.

That's my point, the reason for the sarcasm, I could draw you a picture if it makes it clearer.
Old 10 February 2011, 11:48 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 27 April 2011, 09:44 AM
alvintc
Scooby Regular

Dredging this thread up... had my Scooby 1 month (rolled my old insurance over), so time to start the ring round!
Average prices right now are around 1200 (from 11 companies)
A-Plan = Very helpful, still waiting the final call back
Keith Micheals = Won't quote unless I've had similar experience on a 4 wheel drive turbo car (my bike with 171 at the wheel isn't enough, nor is my old Fiesta RST with 225 according to the rather brash guy I spoke to!)... Left a VM and PM'd Gary no response.
Admiral = Currently sitting at <£820... bargain, which I'll be going with unless someone beats it.

FWIW, I'm 30, live west london, clean licence (held for 13 years). 1 year ncd on cars (took an 8 year break from cars), 9 years ncd on bikes (which some companies factor into my profile).
Stock 06 wrx
Old 27 April 2011, 07:15 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Well generally when a member joins a forum (as a newbie not an alias account for example), they introduce themselves, explain what car they have/are purchasing and generally fit in. They don't tend to (unless they are an alias account etc) come on and slate a well known/respected insurers as their first post.

That's my point, the reason for the sarcasm, I could draw you a picture if it makes it clearer.
Nice welcoming comittee

I half agree with you though, is always nice to see the new members cars posted.
Old 27 April 2011, 08:49 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arkynsei
Nice welcoming comittee

I half agree with you though, is always nice to see the new members cars posted.
What do you expect

Moleys not just an insurance guru but a mate too. I've even bought my current car off his dad. When a supposed newbie (let's be fair it points to an alias account with a grudge) has an unfounded pop at a mate, you respond. No welcoming committee required.
Old 27 April 2011, 08:58 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

What do you expect

Moleys not just an insurance guru but a mate too. I've even bought my current car off his dad. When a supposed newbie (let's be fair it points to an alias account with a grudge) has an unfounded pop at a mate, you respond. No welcoming committee required.
Cheers mate

When someone (Nobert) signs up just to make 2 posts complaining about someone, and then doesn't come on line again (check his user profile) it does look a bit odd.
Old 27 April 2011, 09:42 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

What do you expect

Sorry, I sense hostility in your text, didn't mean to cause any offence. Now you've explained it and I've seen the evidence I wholeheartedly agree with you, was uncalled for. Some people just don't take rejection well I guess
Old 27 April 2011, 09:45 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Sorry, I sense hostility in your text, didn't mean to cause any offence. Now you've explained it and I've seen the evidence I wholeheartedly agree with you, was uncalled for. Some people just don't take rejection well I guess
Must be the ginger step kid

No hostility, this is a car forum, not Gladiators
Old 27 April 2011, 09:50 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Must be the ginger step kid

No hostility, this is a car forum, not Gladiators
Hahah!

GLADIATOOORS.. READAAAY

CONTENDOOORS.. READAAAY

Damn I loved that program as a kid.

Sorry to de-rail the thread, wasn't intentional.. I get swept by nostalgia. The standard reply on these forums is "A-Plan, Sky and Keith Michaels" so give them a shot. None of them could help but me but then.. It sure doesn't help being 19 (2.0r sport). Just hope one of them can help when I'm 20.. else Admiral are getting my cash!

Last edited by Arkynsei; 27 April 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 27 April 2011, 10:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Hahah!

GLADIATOOORS.. READAAAY

CONTENDOOORS.. READAAAY

Damn I loved that program as a kid.

Sorry to de-rail the thread, wasn't intentional.. I get swept by nostalgia. The standard reply on these forums is "A-Plan, Sky and Keith Michaels" so give them a shot. None of them could help but me but then.. It sure doesn't help being 19 (2.0r sport). Just hope one of them can help when I'm 20.. else Admiral are getting my cash!

I had a classic Sport when I passed my driving test @ 21 5 years ago, well actually bought it and sorned it for 5 months whilst taking driving lessons

Insurance wasn't too bad on what was a £3k car, £1650 tp f&t for a new driver on a group 14 car.
Old 27 April 2011, 11:01 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that, helped me stem my worried about not being able to insurance. I couldn't find it anywhere at 19, only seemed to be able to get a quote when I said I was 20 on the comparison websites etc. Admiral quoted me 2000 if I was 20, so I'm going to have to wait until then, only July so.. not too long really. You must know my feeling of having it sit there.. looking at you.. without being able to drive it!

Just scared I'll get to 20 and they'll be like "lol nope, 4k please".. cheapest quote I've got for 19 is about 5 odd bags. Ridiculous.
Old 28 April 2011, 07:23 AM
alvintc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Cheers mate

When someone (Nobert) signs up just to make 2 posts complaining about someone, and then doesn't come on line again (check his user profile) it does look a bit odd.
Agree with that... and then look at my own dubious count....

I did PM & try to call (before minor bitching!) though
Old 28 April 2011, 01:19 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Moley has lost 1,000's from me as he's never been available the last 2 years of trying to contact. I'm stuck with a useless WRX cos I can't save money.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 28 April 2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 28 April 2011, 01:24 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
Moley has lost 1,000's from me as he's never been available the last 2 years of trying to contact. I'm stuck with a useless WRX cos I can't save money.
You are better of just pm'ing the guy.
Several times in the past I have left msg after msg for the guy but nobody phoned back.
I suspect that he just wasn't getting the messages, but as soon as I pm him on here, I usually get an answer within 24 hours.

So Andy I can understand the newbies pain.
Old 28 April 2011, 01:26 PM
alvintc
Scooby Regular

I pm'd here first (prefer writing myself!), then tried phoning.
No joy
Old 28 April 2011, 02:07 PM
Fulmentaljack3t
Scooby Regular

Gary @ Keith Michaels is my recommendation.

Have tried Aplan and Adrian Flux in the past for quotes but neither have been able to get close after keeping me on hold for ages and asking me everything except the colour of hallway carpet. Perfectly pleasent ppl on the end of the phone though.

Gary has always got me the best price and I didnt bother ghetting any other quotes this year when I got my renewal through as I knew str8 away that it was the best I was going to get. Gary seems like a really decent bloke (hard to get hold of yes but you just need to perseveer), he's a car enthusiast so you can have a good chat to him while he sorts your cover out and he he doesnt mess around and tells you how it is. When it comes to insurance he clearly knows his onions and has always been forthcoming with answering my random questions on the subject giving me clear str8 forward answers.

So yeh Keith Michaels get my vote simply on the back of Gary let's just hope he doesnt decide on a career change!

Quick Reply: subaru insurance