New Here - Blobeye PPP Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2010, 12:53 PM
mmcd87
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Here - Blobeye PPP Questions

Hi there,

I have just got my 2005 'blobeye' Impreza WRX PPP a few weeks ago and have a few questions to ask.

1) Is it possible to enable automatic door locking so that when you drive off the doors lock (usually at 12mph?) untill the key is removed from the ignition?

2) What sort of boost should the car be producing - mine seems to be around 1.25bar after 3000rpm according to the Lamoo (Subaru fitted?) boost gauge?

3) The car seems to produce very little power until 3000rpm where it pulls like a train - are all PPP's like this (had driven a standard WRX before but the power was obviously far more linear and that particular car had obviously been abused)? Does seem to start boosting around 2000rpm but as I say, a notable step-up is evedent at 3000rpm.

Really liking the car so far - it's in very good condition for its age and has covered just under 20k miles to date with FSSH!

Thanks in advance.
Old 01 October 2010, 01:22 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Hi, I can help with a couple of those questions as my car was a WRX PPP with around 20k on the clock when I picked it up.

1) not sure

2) that boost sounds about right for factory settings, if you get the car mapped the mapper will generally turn it up to around 1.5 bar

3) Yes I had exactly the same thing with mine, that is a mixture of turbo lag and due to you running a fairly standard exhaust system with 3 cats. It is quite normal and nothing to worry about

Hope that helps!
Old 01 October 2010, 04:14 PM
abc
Scooby Regular

1) Automatic as in "press-the-rocker-switch-on-the-driver's-armrest" is available, but you will need either to press the switch the opposite direction to unlock the doors, or to move the (un)locker on each door handle.
2) Don't know.
3) My car is the same, but if you are in the right gear you shouldn't notice that much lag in a PPPd car.

Glad you like the car.
Old 01 October 2010, 04:30 PM
wrx,sti
Scooby Regular

you can have your car to lock as soon as you start the car but you need the 4 digit code and its all done on the immobilizer pad thats in the little pocket under the steering wheel to the right and it should be in the immobilizer book too
Old 03 October 2010, 02:53 PM
mmcd87
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice

Got the codes I needed here - http://www.scouk.net/subaru-impreza/..._m30_codes.pdf

I now have automatic door locking when the ignition is turned on, and unlocking when the ignition is turned off. I have also enabled the quieter of the 2 possible 'plip' noises when locking/unlocking. Interestingly a few of the number options are not listed in the actual alarm manual you get with the car.

It was very easy - just ignition on, press keyfob button, press desired option number then turn off ignition (after light on keypad had stopped flashing).

I have another question - what should the idle speed be when the car is started from cold?

Thanks again.
Old 03 October 2010, 05:22 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Not sure exactly but when mine is cold it idles at around 1200 rpm (I think..) and dips down to around 800 once warmed up.