Sponsored by:

What exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2010, 11:29 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What exhaust?

As the title states I am just looking for some advice and suggestions currently have a 2.5" exhaust with a sports cat fitted and fancy getting a new exhaust but not sure what to get, noise not really an issue as it is my car and we have got another car when me the wife and kids go out so suggestions please thanks in advance.
Old 25 August 2010, 08:04 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You say noise isn't an issue, but do you want loud, subtle, quiet? Are you planning on increasing the power and need a 3"? Full decat system, cat back, back box?

I'm happy with my blitz but they're not cheap
Old 25 August 2010, 08:05 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

You say noise isn't an issue, but do you want loud, subtle, quiet? Are you planning on increasing the power and need a 3"? Full decat system, cat back, back box?

I'm happy with my blitz but they're not cheap
Old 25 August 2010, 09:07 AM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing is if you go up to a 3 inch too soon to can actually hinder performance.
If you want subtle, scoobyworlds ninja is a good one. Also Hayward and scotts one.
The latter one becomes a bit of a monster if you decay but back box alone is very subtle.
Blitz is a monster, I'm full decay and unresonated with a blitz and if you sit in back the burble makes your eyes water

I've been through all the above exhausts and loads of combinations of cats and resonators , it's as jon said though, it depends on the sound you want.

Noise only when going for it? Nice rumble all the time? rumble all the time with tearing roar when going for it? Or pure performance?
Old 25 August 2010, 09:24 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Blitz is for hardcore fans, i currently HATE my blitz Nur spec,looking for something else its that bad,why it costs so much i dont know, to me, its just 1 huge drone of noise,its so loud its lost its nice burble nad creates a roar in the cabin.

each to their own tho,hence so many systems !

good point about the 3" losing performance, my engine isnt really modded, newer TMIC panel filter nothing much,i think ive lost power since fitting the Blitz.
Old 25 August 2010, 09:28 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

I had issues with boost fluctuations after fitting the 3" because it would flow more air than the map could compensate for. Now the boost correction tables have been altered it is fine.

I agree that the blitz is stupidly loud and whilst I do like it, I'm considering a quieter system to give me more freedom when it comes to getting on the track once I have brakes that are up to the job
Old 25 August 2010, 09:39 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

ive just got a non resonated milltek for my blob sti nice rumble on tickover not loud at at all but when on boost sounds great!
Old 25 August 2010, 10:39 AM
Scooby Wagon Addict!
Scooby Regular

Another thumbs up for the Ninja, even better the Ninja 2 and it comes with a bung for family days out Plus would recommend a Resonated/Sports silencer Centre section as this cuts out cabin drone .

Steve
Old 25 August 2010, 02:00 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

i second that ninja remark. I had the first ninja mated to a catless centre and resonated after it.
Sounded good. Like a bass-only sound. Out of all of them ive had, in performance 'feel' terms the best is what ive got now- full decat and no resonators 2.5, then just the blitz back box.
If you get the blitz nur spec S its exactly the same as the R but just the back box not the centre. Cheaper, plus it mates up to the 2.5 system

get a superb chirpy spool sound from it. Sounds a bit like a superbike at top end.
Keep your resonator for less violence

Hayward and scott back box is not to be underestimated though. i loved it.
Old 25 August 2010, 03:12 PM
lazadude
Scooby Regular

Has anyone tried the Cobra Sports ones as per adverts at top of page? seem resonably cheap when compared to the Blitz lol.
Old 25 August 2010, 05:46 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

My car has currently around the 300bhp mark with a scoobyworld sports cat amongst other supporting mods looking for increased power and sound (don't want to lose the famous burble though) what are your suggestions now people.
Old 26 August 2010, 12:34 AM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

revolution247.com do the nur spec S for 309 nicker.... thats JUST the back box. remember the dpec R 400 quid one includes the resonated section too.

the burble is always there unless you change the headers (to an equal length) i'd rate hayward and scott and the blitz as the loudest.. blitz is a disgraceful volume when you first get it...but you still just get used to it in the end anyway.

is your car a new age? if so, what else have you changed in the system apart from the DP ?