Looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2010, 06:40 AM
SkunkMunkey3000
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and looking to buy my first scooby early next year (would try now but think the insurance companies would want me to turn 25 first!). I have a few queries and hope you'll be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a 98-99ish wrx estate. Have seen quite a few floating around on Ebay and Auto-trader etc for about £2000 but don't know if only the worst are going to fall into this price range. I'm thinking for this kind of money I'm probably looking at a pretty high millage car, which I'm not against as long as it's been well looked after.

Could anyone point out common faults of problems with cars of this age and any major points I should look out for.

Also, I'm interested in the import models but not really sure where to start looking for these and don't know if I'll get stung on the insurance. Don't know if any one can recommend insurers.

Hope you can provide some help and advice and I look forward to having my own scooby soon.
Old 24 August 2010, 06:44 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to pick up a decent Uk car for that money, there is all of oh, 2bhp between them (the jdm being mapped for a higher ron fuel too)

Tony
Old 24 August 2010, 04:46 PM
SkunkMunkey3000
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mate,

Good to know that I should be able to find a few in my price range that hopefully won't be a money pit (had enough of that with the girlfriends MG!).

Just sucks that I know have to wait until April, insurance quote drops by over a grand if I wait a few months, guess I'll have to be patient though!

Is there much handling difference between an estate and saloon? I've had a quick go in a saloon and presume the estate will be similar just with a little more roll and wobble.