Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello all, my first every scoooby!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2010, 03:36 PM
scoooby666
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello all, my first every scoooby!!

hello all, very much enjoying my first scooby! although bit scared at every little noise it makes... keep thinking is the 'kiss of death' coming? its always the case with new cars..... is it a genuine buy or a bad one. anyyyway quick question ive checked the chassis number to confirm it is a GC8C4ED 275WRX STi2 4 doorFirst full production STi1996. does the sti2 mean its a version 2? the engine is standard, as i thought it would be nicer to start fresh. but ive noticed that when i kick the car around boost time the 'check engine light flashes for a second. something to be alarmed about?.. oh and my gosh no imobilser and alarm!!!! im on constant watch at the window now... might have to get a rocking chair and a porch deck. thanks guys Alex
Old 09 May 2010, 03:43 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wecome
I would be a little worried about the cel coming on at any time, it could be an indication of a sensor failure or if there is an aftermarket ecu it could show your engine is detting, so next question is what fuel are you running your version 2 STI on?
If the cel continues to come on for even an instant, i would with some urgency, look to a speciallist, worst case is engine failure and those are not cheap to fix (3k+)

Tony
Old 09 May 2010, 04:13 PM
scoooby666
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ekkk well ive just filled her up for first time with the super fuel... not sure on ecu.. the engine apears completly standard. apart from boost gauge pod. hmm worried now.