Back box rubbing on rear axel

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2010, 11:57 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back box rubbing on rear axel

Hi guys

Had a new down pipe put on my car a few weeks ago by one of the big guys. Ever since driving it home I could hear a scraping sound, finally got round to taking it to a trusted place here in Cambridge last week and he showed me that the back box is rubbing against the rear axel!! nearly rubbing a hole in it!. He managed to temporarily lower the pipe with the use of a crow bar and some more rubber but its catching again. He said I needed bigger bushes to hang the back box lower? I cant find any that will do the job. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, just spent nearly 2k on suspension and the down pipe etc dont have money for a new back box too.

...oh and the company that did the work also fitted some suspension that's lowered the car, just what I didn't want as my tyres were rubbing before hence the need for new shocks(old original ones gone big time) and now they're rubbing again!, I'm sure the cars even lower than with the knackered suspension I had before too.....the place in question was highly recommended on here and I had one heck of a sht time due to there loan cars clutch (long story) only reasons I'm not naming is because they did a discount and after the service the car seems to have a new lease of life some how, and although the suspension thing is due to them I cant say for if the exaughst problem is as the pipe is nearly rubbed through.

Anyway any help advice appreciated.
Old 22 March 2010, 12:20 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh by the way, my car is a MY99 UK Turbo 2000

Thanks again for any input.