ATTENTION PET OWNERS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2010, 07:42 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION PET OWNERS!!!!

This weekend my wife and I had a heart stopping moment. Whilst watching TV at my parents we noticed that our 8 month old King Charles Cavilier Spaniel had got from the table a packet of my wife's tablets; on inspection of the packet there were 5 empty blisters. I was 99.9% certain that my wife had taken two of the tablets and we found the other 3 that had been chewed through the packet and had come out. One of the capsules looked to have been punctured. On contact with an emergency vet, at the time the thought was he may have consumed two of the capsules. They contacted the poisons centre who said for his size two could be LIFE THREATENING, so we took him to the nearest emergency vets. During this time we could account for 4 tablets and in my mind there was still the 0.1% doubt about the fifth. He is fine now! But 10 minutes and this could have been a different story for 2 reasons. Firstly he could have swallowed more tablets. Secondly I had just poured myself a large whiskey but had not drunk any when we noticed. If I had taken a drink out of 3 drivers no-one would have been fit to take him to the vets. We nearly lost our lovely puppy. It could so easily have been fatal or have been a baby / infant. So please be extra careful with any medication prescription or retail.
Old 06 March 2010, 07:50 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

feel for you mate, close call.
Old 06 March 2010, 08:15 PM
CrispyK
Scooby Regular

we got 2 cats that do the same thing i tell my mrs every night pack them away will she listen ill make her read this!

glad everything is ok now thou
Old 07 March 2010, 04:59 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

bmp
Old 07 March 2010, 06:13 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Charlie, Tabs and Scotch....What a combination...
Old 07 March 2010, 06:37 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by 360ste
This weekend my wife and I had a heart stopping moment. Whilst watching TV at my parents we noticed that our 8 month old King Charles Cavilier Spaniel had got from the table a packet of my wife's tablets; on inspection of the packet there were 5 empty blisters. I was 99.9% certain that my wife had taken two of the tablets and we found the other 3 that had been chewed through the packet and had come out. One of the capsules looked to have been punctured. On contact with an emergency vet, at the time the thought was he may have consumed two of the capsules. They contacted the poisons centre who said for his size two could be LIFE THREATENING, so we took him to the nearest emergency vets. During this time we could account for 4 tablets and in my mind there was still the 0.1% doubt about the fifth. He is fine now! But 10 minutes and this could have been a different story for 2 reasons. Firstly he could have swallowed more tablets. Secondly I had just poured myself a large whiskey but had not drunk any when we noticed. If I had taken a drink out of 3 drivers no-one would have been fit to take him to the vets. We nearly lost our lovely puppy. It could so easily have been fatal or have been a baby / infant. So please be extra careful with any medication prescription or retail.
I take it you have no kids, but thanks for the warning about medication, i think you will find that us parents have this situation firmly locked down
Old 07 March 2010, 07:10 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

They shouldn't make medication look so like sweets (confectionery) to kids and pets alike anyway. You'd think dogs would smell something not right really wouldn't you, least all was alright in the end. My own dog wouldn't touch them, but my sister's Lab would eat ANYTHING.
Old 07 March 2010, 07:12 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

my boxer opened the biscuit cupboard yesterday and started eating 4 mars bars!!! chocolate isn't good for dogs!
Glad the pup is ok.
Old 07 March 2010, 07:24 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

Boxer see Boxer do!
Old 07 March 2010, 08:16 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

My mates got a Cav King Charles, He had an incident a few months ago when the dog was in the garden struggling to make! My mate went to see what was up with the dog and something was sticking out from the dogs bum. My mate got a poo bag and grabbed hold of the object sticking out. When he pulled out what was sticking out, my mate could not believe what it was...........The object was a complete pair of his girlfriends knickers!

Then last week, while at work my mate got a phone call from his Mrs saying the same dog was not very well. The said dog was taken to the vets for a xray etc, it ended up needing to go under the knife.............yep you have guessed it. Stuck in the dogs pipes was another pair of my mates Mrs Knickers.

My mate has said he is going to get a baby gate to keep the dog out of their bedroom, i told him to get his Mrs to pick her bloody pants up!

And before anyone says it, it WAS my mate. I have a beagle puppy and no he aint ate any of my mrs knickers
Old 07 March 2010, 08:21 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Dylano went to Fleetwood today and tried to eat a Patterdale !

LOL

dunx

P.S. Big thank you to Neil @ EMB for the aircon pipework
Old 07 March 2010, 08:21 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Mac
Charlie, Tabs and Scotch....What a combination...
LMAO! .............
Old 07 March 2010, 08:32 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Dazza9t9
My mates got a Cav King Charles, He had an incident a few months ago when the dog was in the garden struggling to make! My mate went to see what was up with the dog and something was sticking out from the dogs bum. My mate got a poo bag and grabbed hold of the object sticking out. When he pulled out what was sticking out, my mate could not believe what it was...........The object was a complete pair of his girlfriends knickers!

Then last week, while at work my mate got a phone call from his Mrs saying the same dog was not very well. The said dog was taken to the vets for a xray etc, it ended up needing to go under the knife.............yep you have guessed it. Stuck in the dogs pipes was another pair of my mates Mrs Knickers.

My mate has said he is going to get a baby gate to keep the dog out of their bedroom, i told him to get his Mrs to pick her bloody pants up!

And before anyone says it, it WAS my mate. I have a beagle puppy and no he aint ate any of my mrs knickers
Must run in the breed , ours likes socks aswell as her knickers.
Old 12 March 2010, 08:41 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

Socks, gloves, scarves, anything that dangles really, and baby feet, she loves to pull their socks off and lick their feet, i know they like cheese but really. I love her to bits though. I might be wrong but i think it tends to be females that tend to do this mostly. They become clucky. Half the time my Staffy is my little girl, the other half she's like a little over protective mum.

Last edited by Quasi Modo; 12 March 2010 at 08:46 PM.