Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found it! Uploaded to my site:
Old 25 February 2001, 06:06 AM
Timpreza
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I'm looking for the subaru font to create a rearwindow sticker. If anyone has it or know where I can find it, please mail it to me or give me an url or something.

Thanks!
Old 25 February 2001, 11:37 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Timpreza

Cant remember where to get it but it is called:

MicrogrammaDBolExt
Old 25 February 2001, 01:13 PM
Timpreza
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks a lot guys!!!
Old 25 February 2001, 02:23 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Smile

OK guys, I've downloaded it.
2 questions... Where's it gone? and how do I get it into word so that I can type stuff with it?
Cheers.
Old 25 February 2001, 03:15 PM
Timpreza
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just put the file in your windowsfonts directory and the font should be available in word
Old 25 February 2001, 03:16 PM
MrWood
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Right click on your Start button, and select search. Type in the filename: 'microgbe.ttf' and click on 'Search Now'. Just remember to set the 'Look In' box to c:.
When it appears in the right hand box, Right click on it's icon and select Cut (or Copy), and then Paste it into the folder of your choice! (Should be c:WindowsFonts)

Easy!

[This message has been edited by MrWood (edited 25 February 2001).]
Old 25 February 2001, 03:26 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Girls, girls....

The real sure-fire way is to open fonts within control panel, then file and import/install new font. Follow instructions. Done. can also drag&drop into font panel. Sure other methods above probably work too, but this is the proper way do it.
Old 25 February 2001, 07:23 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers fellas, all sorted now.
Old 26 February 2001, 07:24 PM
Sadman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mr Footlong

Am I being thick or what?

I've double clicked Fonts in Control Panel but there is no option to add a font under File, only create new folder??!!

I'm using Windows '98.

I installed the downloaded font directly into C:/Windows/Fonts - it's there and I can open the file to see the font....but when I try to access this font in Word or CorelDraw it's not there.

Confused from South of the Border
Old 26 February 2001, 07:39 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Strange.... Try this. Can't remember 98 for sure, running 2000 and ME. Cut it out of fonts and paste it into somewhere like my documents. Leave my documents open and open the fonts area off control panel. Close control panel, just leaving my documents and fonts on screen. Right click on the taskbar (grey bar area between start and the clock) and click on tile windows vertically. Both should be split down the middle. Find the font in my docs. Click on it with the left mouse button and hold button down. Move across into fonts area and let go. Should import it directly, there and then. I know that this at least works under 2000. Hope this sorts it. Let me know.
Old 27 February 2001, 06:41 PM
Sadman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mr Footlong

No go I'm afraid!

By following your steps the font is once again installed in C:WindowsFonts but I can't access it from either Word or CorelDraw!

Thanks for taking the trouble to try and help - perhaps it's just a bug in my software?

Ho Hum!
Old 27 February 2001, 07:07 PM
MrWood
Scooby Regular

Cool

The Font is named: microgrammaDBolExt
I Renamed the file when i downloaded it, but it seems the filename and font name bear no relation whatsoever!

If you've put this font into your FONTS folder, under Win 98/Me/2000 etc. it should show up!

If it does'nt - I'll eat my cat (or is that hat? - I dunno!)
Old 27 February 2001, 07:52 PM
SuperGlue
Scooby Regular

The way you add the font is first put it into a directory - any directory that you remember i.e. c:windowsfont (default font directory) or c:Subaru, whatever - it does not matter. Then go to the control panel and double click on the fonts icon.
With the fonts icon page open, select file from the top menu and then from the drop down list select Install New Font.
This then opens a dialogue box called Add Fonts. In this box you will see a window at the top left and a window below this saying folders/directories (default is the c:windowsfonts directory). Next to that is the drive drop down box for the particular drive - default being c: and finally there are some buttons on the right.
Now what you have to do is select the directory that you saved the font in i.e. c:Subaru or the default directory (whichever you used). Double click on that directory if it is the c:windows fonts directory then this takes a little time to load. Once the directory is open scroll up or down searching for the font you want i.e. Microgbe and select it by clicking once. Now click the ok button. That's it, the font can now be used in any windows application.

Terry
Old 27 February 2001, 08:21 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Like old Terry mentioned above me, he has recommended exactly what i said further up the post. Works for us. I am sorry that you are having no joy. I know many things, but I am not a font problem fixer. Strange that both Word and Corel don't pick it up. stupid question, u absolutly sure it doesn't appear under the m's on the font menu in the wp's? Sorry dude, not really my seen.

[This message has been edited by Mr Footlong (edited 27 February 2001).]
Old 28 February 2001, 06:12 PM
Sadman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for taking the time to try & help out guys, but I think I have a problem with my software.

There is no install/add new font dialogue box under File in Fonts when I go in via Control Panel!!!!

Looking at the various fonts listed there appear to be a number that aren't available to me when I try and access them through Word or CorelDraw.

I have done a search for fonts on my hard drive but it doesn't come up with any other font files apart from C:WindowsFonts so I don't know why some are available and others aren't.

I guess I'm stuck with what I can use.