Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the sort of person you want to be associated with??

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2002, 06:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I even apologies to this guy, but any apolgies back?? no...
so as i have said to him, keep sending me emails and ill keep posting these to make him look the fool he is... Im sorry if i offend anyone on here but this board use to be fantastic but when you get people like this on here it really makes me feel sick [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Here is the last email he sent to me.

Email was entitled "what a ***** you are"

funny looking nova note the no. plate it is mine
oh by the way i am 40 in july and have a wife and 2 kids so less of the youth stuff
so lets meet up and see who has mans blood in them or girleys blood
all i put was my opinion and suddenly your the big expert trying to put me in my place
so if your a man you got my no. phone it and do less of the typing

pratt

By the way, this guy is nearly 40!!

Tony
Old 21 March 2002, 06:06 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All seems a bit strange. People should learn to chill out.
Life is too short to get so uptight about whatever!!
Alasdair
Old 21 March 2002, 06:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Angry

Agree with you alisair, but when you get replies like this....

i am at bedford next week and if you are there and take my word i will know
i am going to **** your f**king h**d in
----- Original Message -----

Subject: Re: what a ***** you are

> Get a life idiot.
> Nothing more to say to you except grow up and act like a man and i think
you
> need to take a serious look at yourself cos all ill do is post these on
the
> net and make you look the fool you are.
Old 21 March 2002, 06:29 PM
Petoir
Scooby Regular

Almost time to do what we've agreed at MLR - restrict access to Scoobynet to SIDC or Scoobynet members. You're getting more traffic than most of the EVO performace boards, but there's very little Subaru material on this site really. It's an open target, a fish in a barrel.

I loved this site when I bought my first Scooby in 99 but I rarely visit these days because it seems stories like tony's are more common with each passing week. The answer may be to remove your e-mail address to reduce risk of personal contact, but that surely goes against the principal of being a member of a healthy community.

I think Scoobynet has been infected and my opinion is you need a cure or this board will become nothing but a voice for idiots with ****e cars. More and more of the hot threads on Scoobynet are antagonistic, back biting and petty. Hope you don't mind an ex-scooby owner voicing his opinion but this site was superb when it was pure quality over quantity....

Pete
-------------------
Black Tommi Mak

Old 21 March 2002, 07:09 PM
scottdg
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Not been on the site for too long, but I agree. We don't need this kind of ****. Clearly this chap is mentally unhinged - my advice is to just ignore any posts he puts up and he'll soon get the message. If nobody talks to him then I guess he'll eventually go away.
Looks like Bedford could be quite interesting, think I'll take the dogs with me!!! ;0))
Old 21 March 2002, 07:11 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Tony
Moderator hat off...

IMHO you should let it drop, put the guy on your blocked email address list and leave him to it. Bringing this kind of thing up does you no favours, and will cause the strife you are seeking to avoid.

You've done your bit by offering the olive branch, and apparently he's pushed it back. You won't resolve anyhthing like this and it will just keep rumbling on, causing division amoung people here. The ones that don't care about this spat will see it as more rubbish infecting scoobynet and the ones that do care will say so, thus creating more ill feeling.

We all know there are some real twonks on scoobynet(just like in real life) but it only does harm to keep pandering to them. So just block the guys email and leave him to it

Moderator hat on...

Old 21 March 2002, 07:12 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Question

I agree with Petoir, so has anyone seriously though of Scoobynet becoming a subscriber-only service?

I for one would be prepared to pay a small annual subscription to use the BBS. The advice is well worth a few quid.

Perhaps this would keep the d1ckheads out and even pay for search to be fixed!

Non-subscribers could have access but not to post or search, thus keeping the advertisers happy, and payments could be collected through a surcharge on SIDC membership - thus minimising the cost of collecting subscriptions. A sort of two-tier SIDC membership e.g. with and without Scoobynet access.

Just a thought....

Tim
PS Is this worthy of a separate post?

[Edited by NBW - 3/21/2002 7:13:26 PM]
Old 21 March 2002, 07:21 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

NBW
Simon(webmaster) asked people if they wanted a subscription service a few weeks back. The answer came back an emphatic no.
Instead Simon as re-arranged the moderators(It was painful ) so that Rubbish posts could either be deleted, moved or edited.

This thread is on my 'keep an eye on it' list as I don't want to delete or lock it just yet, as it would seem to be generating some reasonably useful debate(like your post). However if the thread degenerates into a flame war/mupppet attack, I will lock it and hopefully people will understand why.
Old 21 March 2002, 07:21 PM
scottdg
Scooby Regular

NBW,

good idea.
Old 21 March 2002, 07:22 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Tim

I believe Simon has considered the issue of charging for subscription, but has chosen to keep it as a free service.

Rich

P.S. - I tend to agree with your comments, as do many, but to be fair, I probably wouldn't have bothered with Scoobeynet in the first place if I'd had to pay...
Old 21 March 2002, 07:24 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Damn - beaten to it by Neil

must learn to t y p e f a s t e r ......
Old 21 March 2002, 07:46 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi Neil,
ok agree with you there, im just fed up that alot of new users come on and give scoobynet grief and then this sort of stuff happens
Also if this post does produce some more interest in what Tim is saying and there are these sort of things happening to other people then it may change the mind of the users to this forum and a small fee and membership may be instated.

Even now as a user who has been on here nearly 2 year ill sit and help newer users find info on their cars/faults if i can, ok i know im not gods gift with these cars but having modified my scoob a little and come across a few problems (nothing serious thou ) i still like to pass on POSITIVE information about the cars we own.

Regards
Tony Burns
Old 21 March 2002, 08:04 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

this bloke has insulted me throughand through all i did was put my opinion on and he replies to me like i am a girl and dont know what i am talking about so i tell him to phone me up and we can discuss it like grown men
instead of that he insults me even more and puts my tel. no on scoobynet so i have a right to want to talk to him about it but he desides to hide behind his computer screen
so i am afraid it seems i put my opinion on here and i get insulted so it looks like i cant have an opinion anymore and i wont be posting anymore becouse of ********* like a.b.
Old 21 March 2002, 08:14 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Angry

Some people are truly pathetic. As Neil says, just shut off this punk. I know that it would be making my blood boil personally, but if you have a family and other concerns, then steer clear of unnessary aggro. If a confrontation somehow occurs, then give him a prize whoopin and have mates around to claim you weren't there (Sorry, Aggressive tendencies popping up again )

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 21 March 2002, 08:32 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

X scooby, please read you thread again, i feel that you insulted me before i did anything, i also apologised to you yet you never apologied back to me.
Pretty much every thread ive read of yours also slates the marque you clearly say that you enjoy, only negative posts by the look and as for hiding behind a screen.... you can say what you want, im not too bothered about people like you, i enjoy the great topics on here and help those who i can, unlike some people i see... Negative posts like yours are not what is needed, your comments about a fantastic car thats probably one of the best that subaru have ever produced were down right insulting, especially to those who have bought one, so, if there are other cars out there, why dont you go and buy one????
This board is about giving and not taking, all i can see you doing is take take take at the moment...
I dont need the aggro off the type of person you seem to be, the threatening emails prove that (which by the way could be passed on to the police as evidence but im not vindicive like you)
So either pull your finger out and give some positive input to this board or go somewhere else, its as simple as that and i think most people will agree with me on this.

Regards
Tony
Old 21 March 2002, 08:43 PM
scottdg
Scooby Regular

...you never know, the pair of you may really get on if you meet face to face. Could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

..........sorry, couldn't resist!!!
Old 21 March 2002, 08:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

instead of that he insults me even more and puts my tel. no on scoobynet so i have a right

If this is correct???????
Thats abit out of order.

I have a problem with Simon Hiles not paying me for the Dawes Device that i sent him last year..... But no way would i put his contact details in any post. Things can loose control when these things happen.
Old 21 March 2002, 09:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Maybe Luke, but i also feel that getting abusive emails is also out of order as i dont like to be called a to55er.
All this guy has been to me from the start is agressive, he hasnt even apologised to me and the first email i sent to him apologising and giving him some good info fell on deaf ears, just abuse from then on.

Tony
Old 21 March 2002, 09:24 PM
Luke
BANNED

Tony

I still believe that the posting of someones home details etc is not right.... Some of the e-mails i have received from Simon Hiles have been on the lines of " I'm a big guy... probably with a number 1 hair cut, thinks he a man when he's with his mates on a friday night!! type. You know the type "all build but no brains"!!
telling me
"So if you want to come round"..
Best way is either to leave it... Or Get a mate who is "connected "to do terrible things to their credit history!!! And keep it going for years.Then give them little bits of grief that their brain will never work out....

[Edited by Luke - 3/21/2002 9:25:56 PM]

[Edited by Luke - 3/21/2002 9:28:35 PM]
Old 21 March 2002, 09:44 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Ok chaps. I think this has crossed the line from informed debate into a thread that will more than likely cheese more people off and become counterproductive to scoobynet as a whole.