Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2010, 06:46 AM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing some advice...

link to thread:

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...me-advice.html

all decent advice welcomed, any trolling or smart mouthed comments to be left at the door.

Cheers

Old 15 January 2010, 07:10 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry no advice on your motor but copy and paste function works a treat.
See below for Tripple'O G needing some advise.

I'm looking to get back into scooby ownership and as it's been a while, I don't want to make an early mistake so I was wondering if I put up my ideas and where I want to get to, then you can give me your thoughts?

I'm looking at Hawkeye's for a start. Now I like the RB320's but with the modding I have planned, why buy a limited addition if it's not going to be a 320 at the end of it all...know what I mean?

So i've looked at Spec C's. I've always been partial to them but are they as good as they used to be? By that I mean when Mr Spec C had his, i remember the manual windows etc and that was a special motor. Do the Hawkeye Spec C's have the same spec? I see they have equal length headers (which I seem to remember get rid of the flat four burble) twinscroll rollerbearing etc?

After the Spec c's there's the JDM...I have vague memories that the JDM are the Jap specs but other than that, i can't find any information on them? Is there such a thing as a JDM Spec c? I've seen one advertised but it's a 2.0l? Which bring me to my next question....

Do I go for a 2.5l or 2l? I was under the impression last time I was around that most people were bolting on the 2.5l bottom ends (then blowing gearbox's up ) and so if i'm going to go for 400+ would I be better just going for a 2.5l STI from the start?

Finally, who are the Subaru tuners of the moment. Last time I had Steve Simpson work on mine (because I ran a GEMS ecu) but I don't exactly want to keep travelling 700 miles everytime I decide to do some more work on it. (I'm an Essex Lad)

Apologies for all the questions but I know there's no better place to ask!!