Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woldnt rev from cold? kangarooing help please!

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2009, 09:34 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Woldnt rev from cold? kangarooing help please!

I got into my car after having left it for 2 days without being driven, it was early morning about 7am and i started my Subaru STI V-Limited on a 54 plate up although it is an imported 2003. The unusual thing was it would not rev up resulting in me not being able to drive away until it had warmed up for a couple of minutes and then it was fine,...i had a similar incident where it wouldnt drive forward after a long drive the other week engine warm parked it up for 5 mins then got back in it and it wouldnt drive properly it was as if it was kangarooing about and then all of a sudden it was fine again.....im confused i think the problems may be related. I need some advice if anyone has suffered a similar problem....my thoughts are along the lines of ignition leads or plugs but want to be sure before splashing the cash.....no fault lights come on at all and as its intermittent it will be difficult to diagnose.
Any help would be appreciated Cheers!
Old 08 December 2009, 09:37 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fordrsrickc
I got into my car after having left it for 2 days without being driven, it was early morning about 7am and i started my Subaru STI V-Limited on a 54 plate up although it is an imported 2003. The unusual thing was it would not rev up resulting in me not being able to drive away until it had warmed up for a couple of minutes and then it was fine,...i had a similar incident where it wouldnt drive forward after a long drive the other week engine warm parked it up for 5 mins then got back in it and it wouldnt drive properly it was as if it was kangarooing about and then all of a sudden it was fine again.....im confused i think the problems may be related. I need some advice if anyone has suffered a similar problem....my thoughts are along the lines of ignition leads or plugs but want to be sure before splashing the cash.....no fault lights come on at all and as its intermittent it will be difficult to diagnose.
Any help would be appreciated Cheers!
P.S. my headers are blowing on the drivers side slightly would this be a cause but it has been blowing very slightly for a while and not suffered any problems like this before.
Old 08 December 2009, 09:50 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.S. my headers are blowing on the drivers side slightly would this be a cause but it has been blowing very slightly for a while and not suffered any problems like this before.
youve had so much heartache with your motor rick id have thrown the towel in should have kept them rs turbos thats where im goin next bk tu fords fk subaru
Old 08 December 2009, 10:07 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Im having just as much trouble with the Scoob as i had with my RS Ford.....i have loads of niggles that i want sorting out on it. Eg. Brakes i feel for a performance car are poo!. the ride feels walloey and has bump steer on the motorway quite bad so needs uprated bushes all round. my headers are blowing. my lpg gas conversion has a leak and you can smell gas in the cabin when in use so it has been unused for a while now on gas. and it needs an anti lift kit. oh and it needs a remap as the fuel is all over the place on the dyno run i had...but need to decat it all before the remap....just a few things for me to be happier with it.....but all in all i am less than impressed so far..........i should of bought a Range Rover but i couldnt make my mind up over a Sport or a Normal one so bought a Scoob instead....But yes Nick i have definately thought about throwing the towel in.....but i said that about my RS 15k later lol
Old 09 December 2009, 09:54 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Im having just as much trouble with the Scoob as i had with my RS Ford.....i have loads of niggles that i want sorting out on it. Eg. Brakes i feel for a performance car are poo!. the ride feels walloey and has bump steer on the motorway quite bad so needs uprated bushes all round. my headers are blowing. my lpg gas conversion has a leak and you can smell gas in the cabin when in use so it has been unused for a while now on gas. and it needs an anti lift kit. oh and it needs a remap as the fuel is all over the place on the dyno run i had...but need to decat it all before the remap....just a few things for me to be happier with it.....but all in all i am less than impressed so far..........i should of bought a Range Rover but i couldnt make my mind up over a Sport or a Normal one so bought a Scoob instead....But yes Nick i have definately thought about throwing the towel in.....but i said that about my RS 15k later lol
you would not have had all these problems if you had bought a ford
Old 10 December 2009, 12:27 PM
motorola222
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
you would not have had all these problems if you had bought a ford

he probs would, he just got a bad deal.

does it have full service history.?
Old 10 December 2009, 09:05 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Found out what the problem is guys...its my headers that are blowing quite badly resulting in too much air mixing with the fuel hence the reason i had it rolling roaded on the dyno and they said the fuellig were all over the place and rich,. because the fueling will be trying to compensate the amount of air being sucked in,.and this gave me a poor start from cold. and as my car has lpg also and when used,. the air mixed with the gas gives the foul smell of gas i tightened up the headers hust temporary till the gasket comes and all is fine the gas isnt spluttering and it isnt blowing and it is better on fuel all of a sudden but hope it lasts till the gasket comes.....i have one question though would the ecu need a reset and would it have mapped itself somehow because of the high fuelling or should i just persevere till i get it remapped in a few weeks.
Its a Jap import so only service history since 2005 for over here.