STERRING MYSTERY

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2009, 09:04 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default STERRING MYSTERY

95 wrx
Help ive devoloped a nock sound in the power sterring rack sounds like a clunking when I turn left or right. Another mystery the nuckle has also shrunk, yep I no its impossable but somthing not right, when I slot the sterring wheel and stem into place the nuckle joint is just on the tip off the splinned stem, if I tap the middle stem the nuckle reachers ok but the the sterring wheel wont lock dosnt then line up.
Is there a differance with imports & uk model sterring racks, sterring wheel shafts or differant length nuckles.
cars not been in a crash not alterrations have been done to the sterring just notice the lock had stopped working.
Cheers Slab
Old 04 November 2009, 09:07 PM
scoobyc
Scooby Regular

sounds like loose uj. each side of the uj is splined. might be slide up one side more than the other. Had to do my UJ bolts quite tight when i dont mine. no issues as you mention tho apart from the tap/clunk. it was a slightly loose uj bolt..
Old 05 November 2009, 11:33 AM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyc
sounds like loose uj. each side of the uj is splined. might be slide up one side more than the other. Had to do my UJ bolts quite tight when i dont mine. no issues as you mention tho apart from the tap/clunk. it was a slightly loose uj bolt..
There all tight m8 just been on to subaru in my home town he said something about them colasping inside like a arial incase of a smash up so ill have a look at that today see if i can do anything
Might be looking for a rack if anyones got one cheap