cant get used to DCCD control

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2009, 10:16 PM
trio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get used to DCCD control

Hi

Ive started to play around with the DCCD control on my Type R, its a nifty little toy to play around with and i can really feel the difference between open and locked modes. The problem im having is when im driving i tend to forget that diff is out of open mode, then when i come to park or do a tight manouver i panic when the car starts to clunk and shudder and il instantly adjust it back to open (which i dont think your supposed to do whilst stopped) can any body give me any tips on how to use it better other than leave well alone, also im i fukin up the diff when it starts to bang and clatter, would love to get the hang of it before i break it.

Thanks tristan
Old 27 October 2009, 10:32 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...0052-dccd.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/technical-...anslation.html

Tbh i think you'll have to start remembering to put it in fully open mode or just leave it alone.
Most of the time i've found that leaving it in open is fine ,when it gets wet or i'm cornering quickly is the only time i actually use it.
Old 28 October 2009, 12:29 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine stays in fully open 99% of the time. If it's greasy or very wet then I lock it up just a little bit - say just second green or just into first orange. You can adjust when stopped or on the move, but basically no reason to have it fully locked ever unless you're doing a drag launch after which you unlock it anyway or if you were stuck in snow or whatever.
Old 28 October 2009, 05:19 PM
mike@tdsw
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt panic about the clunking and scuffing etc when you have tried moving it locked etc.
This will purely be down to the fact that the wheels cant move independently of each other (outside wheel faster than the inside when turning) so you get grip, skip, grip skip as the inside wheel spins. The clunking will be the forces of the gripping working against your drive train, suspension/subframe bushes etc.

I drive a drift car which has a permanent locked diff and it sounds awful trying to park etc but even then when its all of the time the worst that happens is premature wear of bushes etc. Diffs probably the last thing to be concerned about.