Sponsored by:

new here

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2009, 02:27 PM
learch
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here

hi there, im new to the scooby world and im hopefully going to get a classic uk tomorrow. just after a few pointers for performance mods etc, im planning on keeping it pretty subtle looking but would like it to be daft power wise. whats the easiest way for a cheap quick mod? up pipe, de cat exhaust? the car im hopefully getting is standard, not even a dump valve so its gona be a good base to start with.
Old 26 October 2009, 02:57 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome mate...easiest way to up the power would be a full decat exhaust and a remap..should see around 270bhp with these mods maybe more.. stick with the standard dump valve mate...aftermarket ones can be more trouble than there worth.
Old 26 October 2009, 02:58 PM
ross_wrx
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN!

All depends on how much money you wanna spend? If it is a MY99 I would initially go..

Panel Filter
De-cat system
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Front Mount Intercooler
Remap

That should get you started BIG power will mean swapping out the turbo, injectors etc etc..

Old 26 October 2009, 03:00 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Welcome to Scoobynet.
Once you get it and know exactly what model it is, spec and what's on it already then people can advise you easier on power mods. There are lots and lots of options with modding so theres no easy answer.
One of the first things I'd do (if it doesn't have one) is fit a boost gauge so you know what that's doing for starters. Hope you enjoy your car, post up some pics if you can when you get it You may find this site useful;

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Scoobypedia / Scoobypedia
Old 26 October 2009, 05:41 PM
learch
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the replies, im hoping to be on here alot, finding out anything i can so ill appologise now for the questions ill be asking. this will be my first scooby as ive wanted one for years, but now ive got enough money in my v6 turbo astra to swap against a late classic.