Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STi V7 - Buying & Delivery Dates

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2002, 10:18 PM
mozzer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone... don't get on here too often, (no pc in car!)... but last time I brought you all the autocar news of the 2003 facelift by Prodrive.

The 2003 news really put me off going for the STi, but with everything now considered, I figure that whatever car you buy, the next 'improved' version is always around the corner. So today I have taken the plunge and ordered my Sti. After searching and researching for weeks, I thought I would let anyone who is interested know about the actualy delivery times etc.

From my experience, the dealers are experiencing a fair propotion of cancelled orders. I have gone for a standard STi and have been quoted 4 week max delivery. If anyone wants a Prodive style one, ES Jones (Flint) has a cancelled order one in their showroom, available for immediate delivery - yep sitting there unsold (somethings wrong because I rememeber waiting 12 weeks for my turbo)! If interested talk to Barry there and mention Mark & Jon from Scoobynet.

Also virgin cars (from homepage.. www.virgin.com)have 4 Sti's UK Type at £22,995. They had 5, but one has gone. Beware though as the cars do not have alarm, immobiliser, tracker or locking wheel nuts and only have 2yrs warranty...not quite sure that virgin should be marketing the as UK Type...but still. I very nearly bought one, but once you add the costs of whats needed to bring to spec the saving is only arounf £1500 and no doubt you get the import bull when you come to sell.

Anyway I hope this helps anyone looking, just don't beleive the 6 months delivery crap. Anyone else ordered / driven / got one... what do you think? I still think I will be a little sad to see my MY2000 turbo go...love it to bits!

Old 11 March 2002, 08:31 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Cool

I drove one Friday for the first time, and was very impressed. Despite the fact that below 3500rpm ther is nothing, the grip and brakes are awesome IMHO.

I managed to have the tyres squealing round a roundabout and still the thing would NOT understeer.

A lot more refined than my 99, but then I guess that's not a surprise though!

Now if only I had £15k lying around

As far as delivery times, the dealer I visited could get oou in one in one months time, like you said a bit different to the 3/4 months I waited for mine.

Enjoy yours when it comes.

Matt
Old 11 March 2002, 11:36 AM
ids
Scooby Regular

Went for a test drive on Thursday and ordered mine on Friday.... Dealer has said should be mid may for mine as I want a non Prodrive version (no wobbly rear spolier thank you.. !)

Intrestingly I managed to get £500 worth of extras due to a promotion the dealer had on (opened new shoproom) but no discount for cash... Has anyone else managed to get any discount ? Salesman said "Subaru UK" have fixed the price... hmmmmmm

All I can say is they look a lot better in the flesh than in the mags... and drive is amazing compared to my old MY96 WRX

Ids
Soon to re-be scoobyied !!!
Old 11 March 2002, 01:34 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Ordered mine on Saturday February 3rd, Prodrive STi. Took delivery on Friday March 8th. Not bad, under 3 weeks.

Waited for 4 months on my MY00.

Simon

PS. I was given a date of early April initially, but due to someone wlese cancelling, mine came forward. I think a few people ordered the blue a while back before they were released, then saw the blue black colour and changed their minds...
Old 12 March 2002, 12:33 AM
HYP1C
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ordered my Prodrive Version on 28th January, and picked up my car today.Had exhaust ,filter,tints,and white indicator/reflectors added.First impressions are that once loosened up a bit the performance will be strong ,there is a definite big gain with the exhaust + filter (especially the sound). The quality of the car is in a different league to a Series McCrae I had a few years ago.I'm looking forward to some track day fun and a Prodrive visit.I'd recommend the Sti UK just off the first day's ownership.
My previous car is an Evo 6 which would seem a bit quicker but with less character , so looks like I'll be waiting for PPP.
Cheers
Gary