Sponsored by:

Someone smashed my scoob

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2009, 07:15 AM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone smashed my scoob

was park on a residential road at work in reigate yesturday, when i heard a loud bang, and instantly thought i bet it's my car so an out....

so *%$&+~@ in a landrover just reversed straight back without looking, my front end is pushed in so the fans are about a mm from he pulleys..... if it wasn't for him being a hugh bloke think i would of went for him (lol), now i'm saying through gritted teeth "it's an accident, don't be mad at him"

Luckily my insurancers are very fast, and have arranged to collect the car for repairs today and drop of my curtesy car. BUT, if he does not admit responsability i have to pay the excess to get the car back, and i do not have legal cover, so have to get my own solicitor to recover it.

reckons i didnt leave enough room, i never park too close because i don't trust anyone. he had bigger gap than this, this is just him pulled forward a bit after the hit. had several feet in front of him
Old 14 August 2009, 07:26 AM
EJ22 LAD
Scooby Regular

what a bellend, he is totally responsible for that!
Old 14 August 2009, 07:34 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Im gutted for u mate. Its a nice looking ride aswell. Hopefully insurance will sort it. I hope that guy accepts it. What a *****. Some of these 4x4 drivers reckon they own the road. Where was he looking?? Makes me so angry so wonder how angry u are.
Old 14 August 2009, 08:32 AM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry for you, but are you sure there going to repair it, to me it looks like the cost will be more than half what the cars worth, don't be surprised if they write it off.
Old 14 August 2009, 08:49 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

awww im gutted for you mate.

as above 4x4 owners think they own the orad. i had one coming around my street yesterday and he was too busy playing with something an coming onto my seide of the road. i had to stop and beep just so he realised cos he was about 3 foot away when he managed to swing his car.
Old 14 August 2009, 09:15 AM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

id be pissed mate esp as he was parking, if he didn't admit to it id go round to see him.
Old 14 August 2009, 10:02 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

What a to$$er, forget we have a spare on the back did we, ffs!!!!!!!

He seems a considerate bloke to, parking on a dropped curb/driveway access.

Hope its sorted quickly for ya mate.
Old 14 August 2009, 10:10 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

For £20-30 extra, I'm very suprised you didn't take out legal cover

It would have made your claim an awful lot easier, especially as the other guy will have been told not to accept liability.

Also depending how much the repairs will cost in comparison to the insurers valuation of the car - you could be looking at a write off Something like 60% I think.

When some **** pulled out of a t-junction into me, my old Scoob looked like this...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...n/S6300037.jpg

It basically needed lots of paint work, new door/wing, wheel refurb etc etc. Over £2k of repairs. But the car was easily worth £4.5k back in April 07, so the insurers didn't blink as I DID have legal cover and it was sorted repaired (even got some compo I didn't ask for) within 4 weeks.

Came back like this...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...n/S6300110.jpg

Good luck fella.
Old 14 August 2009, 10:19 AM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Total **** jockey,he should be shot.
Old 14 August 2009, 10:21 AM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Feel sorry for you mate, hope shes alive and well soon
Old 14 August 2009, 10:30 AM
C_RHYS
Scooby Regular

What an ****, gutted for you mate.

I had similar damage to my old classic and the slam panels alone from Subaru were over £400, sorry to be the barer of bad news but that repair could get expensive.
Old 14 August 2009, 12:34 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Surely there isn't a case for not admitting liability here. You weren't in your car, your car wasn't moving. He has hit a stationary vehicle, even if you were too close - for instance - then you don't simply reverse into the car behind to get out, well you shouldn't.

I dread someone hitting mine as a slightly larger than average smack is probably going to write mine off.
Old 14 August 2009, 02:30 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

wat a complete to**or! seems to me its been done on purpose m8. he prob new that it wouldn't damage his pile of crap.. some people just have no respect. hope it gets sorted bud.
Old 14 August 2009, 03:04 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

Doesn't look like he was reversing that slowly...

If his insurer admits liability they have to put you back in the position you were before the accident - ie. if its fixable, repair your car no matter what its worth if thats what you want. Good luck.
Old 14 August 2009, 06:06 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

he obviosly thought he was lara croft lol sorrry

same thing happened to my bmw , done also by a **** in a defender , he must of gone backwards quite hard to do that much damage
Old 14 August 2009, 07:19 PM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [-(o)-]
they have to put you back in the position you were before the accident - ie. if its fixable, repair your car no matter what its worth if thats what you want.
is this true, he has admited and i've been on he phone to his insurer who have already got me a courtesy car today. and arranged a assessment officer.

they said it's sounds like a write off though, and i'll get what the assesser says it's worth......but can he say what a general wrx 1995 is worth or what mines worth? mine came from an owner that cherished it, has a full engine rebuild two years ago, cat 1 and tracker, i don't think i'd find as good a scoob for their stupid value amount i know their prone to offer....

so how is being insured a benefit in this case, i did nothing wrong and will more than likely end up with a cheque for less than i paid for it. (£2200 three months ago)
Old 14 August 2009, 07:42 PM
Alarmeng
Scooby Regular

Hi fella know how you feel some little PR*CK came around a 90' corner on the wrong side of the road and hit me head on last saturday morning at 6.30 am.

The little tosser was .................................. 18 no frigging license and 3 times over the limit.

He wrecked the front end of my VW passat.

Now im left with a big f. ing bill.

I know how you are feeling pal LUCKY for him it wasnt my scoob i would of buried the little **** (Lucky the ehad gasket has gone other wise i would have been in that.

Last edited by Alarmeng; 14 August 2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 14 August 2009, 08:33 PM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

same here, heard the bang and just knew it would be mine, rang out to bury the f**ker but he was twice my size lol.....

anyone had any insurance dealings? they told me they use glass' guide, so just did it myself, they only have uk spec, but it said it's worth £1300
Old 14 August 2009, 08:45 PM
muthaducka
Scooby Regular

My car got written off last year just two weeks before my trip to the nurburgring. The damage didn't look a great deal but the factory prices for new bits put the price pretty close to the write of value.

I was allowed the option of having the car taken to a garage of my choice and using second hand parts to repair the car (paid forby the insurers) so that the car could be repaired within their given budget - say half the vehicles value.

I thought about it but didn't really want to go through all the hassle and wouldn't know if the car would be as good as it was before.

I managed to buy the car back of the insurer for a steal and still get paid on the vehicle. I dismantled the car and sold the forged engine and all the goodies and ended up quids in. Not a great deal of fun TBH but a profitable way to cover your losses.

I would be tempted to contact a third party solicitors - I used pannones to act on my behald to claim back my third party losses at no cost to me providing the claim would finish at 50/50 or better. Your claim looks stone walled in your favour so I wouldn't worry to much about the legal side. Just get on the phone and spend some time jumping onto this quickly to make sure it's all in your favour.

I also have the car dropped off at my home rather than their designated garage and arranged to have it towed to a garage of my choice - all re-imbursable with receipts.

If there's a garage that you know will do a really good job to repair it and have good paint facilities, press to get it there.

Good luck
Old 14 August 2009, 09:00 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Unlucky noblechris....Feel sorry for you because that sucks (£1300!!). Don't except there first offers, negotiate and if you can get it valued by an outside party maybe??
Blinkin' 4x4 driver's....his muddy size 15 boot's probably slipped off his clutch
Old 14 August 2009, 10:36 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

A Land Rover is classed as a commercial vehicle, the driver has added responsability for ensuring a safe manouvre, this would include using assistance from another person if necessary.Should he be a TW*t, phone the police,he was driving without due care
Old 15 August 2009, 08:29 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How times change, i had £1900 of insurance work done to my scoob,which is the same make/model as yours not 18mths ago and it wasnt written off!!

hope it doesnt get written off,from the damage i wouldnt of thought so but who knows
Old 15 August 2009, 08:37 AM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

will update when the asseser comes thursday, but really hoping it doesn't get written off....
been looking all over the net a other scoobies, yes there are better than my by far, but their far more expences, i think mines very good for the price i paid.
Old 15 August 2009, 11:20 AM
147scoob
Scooby Regular

I'll never forget sitting on my balcony in Ibiza and watching a woman reverse park into a space that even ken block would have struggled to handbrake into!! She just kept going, when she reached the front bumper of the car behind, upped the revs a bit and it just rolled out the way! Over ther the rule is out of gear and handbrake off obviously!!! As for the tit in the Lrover! What a 4x4 bell end!!!
Old 15 August 2009, 11:33 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by noblechris
same here, heard the bang and just knew it would be mine, rang out to bury the f**ker but he was twice my size lol.....

anyone had any insurance dealings? they told me they use glass' guide, so just did it myself, they only have uk spec, but it said it's worth £1300
or autotrader. if you can submit to them the same car selling for more in same or worse condition plus higher milage it goes better for you
I had an incident the insurer was T£S£O,thats whatTHEY ASKED ME TO DO when I dissagreed with my car value

The insurers say market value but when you think about it a car is only worth what someones willing to pay for it!

So those autotrader articles would back you up theoretically with market value

Also you can request that it gets repaired using non genuine parts to avoid getting it written off! (copied parts)

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 15 August 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 27 August 2009, 05:22 PM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

very pleased today....rang insurance for an update.

they have sent a cheque for £2k and i get to keep the scoob as well....

local coachworks have quoted me £450 to do the whole front end
Old 27 August 2009, 05:59 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Nice result, hope your insurance does not go up too much in the future (mine did with a 100% non fault accident)

Graeme
Old 27 August 2009, 06:43 PM
scooby stew
Scooby Regular

i though that was another chaf of the road........ i own a 56 wrx and a ford ranger 4x4 we a not all *****
Old 06 September 2009, 11:03 AM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby stew
i though that was another chaf of the road........ i own a 56 wrx and a ford ranger 4x4 we a not all ***** only when driving the 4x4
lmao