Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2009, 12:23 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Type R Remap results

Here is how it was before the remap on a standard jap ecu:

Here it is after with an apexi ecu:

Car is a 97 Type R with headers, airbox, uprated fuel pump and apexi exhaust and decat downpipe.

Car feels so much more resposive and smoother to drive, love it

Comments
Old 25 July 2009, 06:52 AM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My V5 type r went from 261.4bhp (not sure what lb ft) pre map, to 319bhp 325lb ft. I didnt change any bits as it was already running them when i bought it. It had a de-cat turbo back exhaust, induction kit, hks bov and irridium plugs, it just goes to show what a difference it makes when everything is set up and mapped correctly. It was mapped by Bob for the record.
Old 25 July 2009, 01:08 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

So mines not mapped correctly

Did tell him I wanted a really safe map so perhaps that why
Old 25 July 2009, 01:12 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

yours only went up 10bhp,, iv had a few subarus now ,and if i got it mapped with your mods/upgrades id expect at least 330bhp+
Old 25 July 2009, 01:19 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Great
Old 25 July 2009, 01:43 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Dont feel to bad about figuires. as you say it drives much better which is whats important. None of these other guys or yourself have stated what turbo's your running? this will have a big impact on figuires
Old 25 July 2009, 01:47 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbotits
Dont feel to bad about figuires. as you say it drives much better which is whats important. None of these other guys or yourself have stated what turbo's your running? this will have a big impact on figuires

I did say to the guy I'm not interested in ***** wagging about getting the highest figure just that its made safe and driveable.

I'm happy with the car it drives so much better, I'm sure other mappers could get more but oh well.
Old 25 July 2009, 01:59 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lou, there is nothing wrong with your figures its how you want them, most other people just want to strangle the last drop of power out of their car, me, I prefer something drivable on a daily basis and its not all down to how much power you can wring out of the engine

Tony
Old 25 July 2009, 02:37 PM
Japorter
Scooby Regular

Location: OLD MY53 STi @ 341bhp/349lbft -> NOW Evo 8 385bhp/380lbft

figure is abit low tbh... My car jump from 276 to 341 after remap. but figure isnt everything if you happy with the driveability then u got a very good car..
Old 25 July 2009, 03:03 PM
Smurf2k
Scooby Regular

My car has the following mods:
TD05 20G Turbo front entry
K & N induction kit
Denso 550cc Injectors
Forged pistons
Nitrided Crank
Shot Peened rods
Front Mount Intercooloer
Uprated fuel pump
Header tank relocated to bulk head
HKS Unequal headers
Forged recirc dump valve
Carl Davey inlet manifold insulating spacers
Parallel fuel mod
Apexi ECU
Apexi AVCR
Apexi Power Commander
NGK pfr7b plugs
Knocklink
Lambdalink
Decat Downpipe
After Burner back box

Car was Mapped by Pat Heborn at 1.5bar, and he estimated around 380bhp (its not been on an RR so figured is Pats guesstimate)

Thats a pretty safe map too as it never dets knock never lights up
it did over boost the other week and cut the fuel and I notcied it was boosting at 1.63 bar....

this is my second scoob and its a 97 sti, My first was a standard uk turbo with only eggs n toast replced for decat and a vta bov. The sti is a hell of a lot different it times of response, speed handling ect ect, I love this car and already thinking about looking at joing the 500+ club but that wont be till after the summer
Old 25 July 2009, 09:31 PM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

You stated your car is a 97 type r and as such (please coorect me if i am wrong) the limiting factors will be turbo, top mount intercooler and injectors.

These three factors will limit your power capability to around 320 - 330 bhp tops. If you asked for a safe map that made a nice easy car to drive then thats pretty much spot on.

Just for reference i have a 99 type r with full decat (exhaust is just a pipe) ported and wrapped headers, ngk pf7b plugs, big k&n air filter, simtek ecu and walbro fuel pump and that made roughly 320 bhp (not been on the rollers, thats a jgm estimate on the road)

Like you i am happy with how the car performs on the road and its made a very nice car to drive around. I have also added a whole heap of other mods like brakes, coilovers etc and am very pleased with the car overall, such a joy to drive around
Old 25 July 2009, 09:38 PM
billsandhu
Scooby Regular

Good result there. Its not always about peak figures. I see you have a nice 40bhp increase at 4k rpm, and its still making good power after 6.5k where premap it just dropped off.

Last edited by billsandhu; 25 July 2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 26 July 2009, 12:23 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

i had a v5 type r running nearly same mods as you ,i did have a fmic on mine tho and mine made 348bhp and before the fmic went on it made 341bhp this was on the standard turbo

stu

Originally Posted by chris-boris
You stated your car is a 97 type r and as such (please coorect me if i am wrong) the limiting factors will be turbo, top mount intercooler and injectors.

These three factors will limit your power capability to around 320 - 330 bhp tops. If you asked for a safe map that made a nice easy car to drive then thats pretty much spot on.

Just for reference i have a 99 type r with full decat (exhaust is just a pipe) ported and wrapped headers, ngk pf7b plugs, big k&n air filter, simtek ecu and walbro fuel pump and that made roughly 320 bhp (not been on the rollers, thats a jgm estimate on the road)

Like you i am happy with how the car performs on the road and its made a very nice car to drive around. I have also added a whole heap of other mods like brakes, coilovers etc and am very pleased with the car overall, such a joy to drive around