Sponsored by:

Classic 430/485-Value?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2009, 03:06 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic 430/485-Value?

The story was that over boost solenoid pipe blew off after new turbo and remap, amongst lots of other new mods( see garage for full spec) and took engine out. Now its nearly all fixed and will be back on the road and ran in over the next 10 days. It is an extremely capable car and the history speaks for itself. Area 52 carrying rebuild out. Carnetix done most of my mods since owning car and ACE motorsport in south wales built the car originally. The rebuild will be linering the block so will be even more capable of running higher boost-2.4bar ish.
Considering moving on when all complete, not 100% yet, fancy a dabble with RS4/RS6.
Honest veiws on a realistic sale price, considering the spec and an approx whole car build value of around £23k.
Old 21 June 2009, 03:09 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

6k?
Old 21 June 2009, 03:19 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD
6k?

Ouch that hurt
Old 21 June 2009, 03:24 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Im probably wrong, but its a buyers market at the mo! I cant afford to sell mine at the moment.
Old 21 June 2009, 03:29 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Your bang on m8, it is a buyers market at mo, BUT you only need that ONE person who is in the market for what you have to offer, and hey presto

£6k anyone ****e that wont even cover rebuild!
Old 21 June 2009, 03:37 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Like you say, just that 1 person! Best of luck mate
Old 21 June 2009, 04:03 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

I would say 8-10k mate and you will proberly have to wait till you get the right buyer too, all I can say if I were you and had invested all that money I would get a) some use out of it and b) if you do sell make sure you hold out for the price you want even if it takes sometime
Old 22 June 2009, 06:43 AM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Forgot to say, mileage 80k with only 4.5k since original build
Nothing at all left standard
Old 23 June 2009, 10:26 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really depends on finding the right buyer - I'd say £8-10K if you do.
Old 07 July 2009, 09:20 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

£7500 to me ????
Old 07 July 2009, 09:28 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only way you will make any reasonable money back is to strip it and sell the bits separately

Simon
Old 07 July 2009, 10:57 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Ive been trying to sell my Type R for 2 years now and its currently the cheapest V4 in the UK (on autotrader,pistonheads etc anyway) its just a case of not giving in to the stupid low offers you will get and hold out for the right price

good luck
Old 08 July 2009, 09:00 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Always the problem with modding - unless you find someone who wants the mods you have done, they dont add any value to the car, and you wont get the money back ( particularly in your case as the car is pretty extreme and done with such a high standard of parts, it is going to appeal to a very small amount of people ).

Also have to say that I dont think the black and silver will help in selling it - it would possibly put off a lot of more mature buyers who may see it as a bit too boy racer, which would leave the car appealing to younger buyers, who probably couldnt afford to insure it with all the mods that have been done.

I would agree with others on here and say if you needed a quick sale, then probably around £7K - £8K is about the most you could hope for.

Probably better off keeping it for a couple of years and at least getting some fun out of all the work you have put into it.
Old 08 July 2009, 09:34 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Always the problem with modding - unless you find someone who wants the mods you have done, they dont add any value to the car, and you wont get the money back ( particularly in your case as the car is pretty extreme and done with such a high standard of parts, it is going to appeal to a very small amount of people ).

Also have to say that I dont think the black and silver will help in selling it - it would possibly put off a lot of more mature buyers who may see it as a bit too boy racer, which would leave the car appealing to younger buyers, who probably couldnt afford to insure it with all the mods that have been done.

I would agree with others on here and say if you needed a quick sale, then probably around £7K - £8K is about the most you could hope for.

Probably better off keeping it for a couple of years and at least getting some fun out of all the work you have put into it.
+1

Sorry mate, not what you want to hear I know, but even really good spec ones just aren't making money at the moment. You'd need to split it or hold fire until the market improves. I'd just keep it and enjoy your ne creation: most things would be a step backwards, performance wise, from a classic at that level!
Old 08 July 2009, 10:00 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

guessing its a type r scoob judging by your user name?? what version is it??? type r are usually worth more then any other classic apart from 22b(obviously), with that sort of power id say its worth or what id pay for that sort of spec if i was in the market for a big powered type r would be around 8.5k- 9k.

ive see big powered classics for sale on pistonheads on there for 15k, funny enough there usually still for sale 5 months later.

sounds a awesome car, cant see a RS4 or RS6 being anymore fun then a 430bhp classic, you'll soon regret it.
Old 08 July 2009, 10:18 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a 4 door MY00 uk classic..... well that's what it started life as but it is a fair distance from that now, used to be owned by a friend of mine and it is a serious car these days.
Old 08 July 2009, 10:30 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

There is quite a few knocking around at the moment and have been for some time.

Why are you needing to re-build? Are you planning on using the same pistons & rods?

I'm in the market for a well specced classic but haven't come across anything well priced and with the right spec - everything will sell for a price
Old 08 July 2009, 10:32 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

There is a MY99/00 UK on pistonheads at the moment with a 2.2/2.35 engine. Up for £6500 but he is flexible. The spec/build didn't inspire me with much confidence though.
Old 08 July 2009, 04:19 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Sorry guys dint think this thread was still knocking around. To be honest my head has been up down and back and forward over what to do I still aint got the damn thing back from Area 52 yet Think they got a few delays with there workshop, but hey ho. Any way i am off to Bruno on 22nd July with mates to watch world super bikes and have there word it will be built back up, me ran it in and new oil/filter/remap/checkover!!!!
So you guys who said to enjoy and make the most of it are right and have some fun
Got a pair of Cobras/harnesses and full roll cage with a set of inverted BC coilovers with 9kg/6kg springs going on aswell before trip.
Hoping to make even more power now as was loosing power before with heads lifting, 450/60-500/10 ish we holding out for anyway.
Just hope Jase is on form on mapping day
Old 08 July 2009, 09:03 PM
Notts.stityper
Scooby Newbie

were you at donnington in this in may think i was behind you on way home also saw you going round the track very nice.
mine is also at area 52 getting rebuilt now saw yours there when i dropped mine off will you use them for the mapping have you used them before
Old 08 July 2009, 10:52 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Notts.stityper
were you at donnington in this in may think i was behind you on way home also saw you going round the track very nice.
mine is also at area 52 getting rebuilt now saw yours there when i dropped mine off will you use them for the mapping have you used them before

Hi mate, yes Jase did a remap Feb time i think it was, cant really fault his mapping, made some decent gains.
Only time will tell now
Whats the 2 big sayings- proof is in the pudding and put yer money where yer mouth is!!
Will have to wait and see, not long now, only been off road errr, forgot now its been that long.
Really excited about getting it ran in and back on the black stuff.

Will see how things go with it and maybe go for a 321v next year as only the green holding back now, all supporting mods can cope with 550ish+ easily.Do you lot think the V is the right way forward?
Old 19 July 2009, 05:07 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Just got car back and clocking few hundred miles up before remap on Tues before drive out to Czhq Rep to watch world super bikes

Keeping now

Will keep posted on how mapping goes
Old 19 July 2009, 10:30 PM
Notts.stityper
Scooby Newbie

glad you got it back take your time running in
Old 20 July 2009, 11:06 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Ive been trying to sell my Type R for 2 years now and its currently the cheapest V4 in the UK (on autotrader,pistonheads etc anyway) its just a case of not giving in to the stupid low offers you will get and hold out for the right price

good luck
If you been trying to sell something for 2 years, uts either overpriced or a shed!