Best upgradable basis

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2009, 09:32 PM
MaybeScooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best upgradable basis

Hi,

Total beginner question, but hope you forgive me. Now - I used to be a Skyline owner - an highly tuned Top Secret R32 if anyone should be interested to know - but the car is kind of heavy, and is best in a straight line (will get killed by skyline people for saying that i know). Have driven a couple of Imprezas (older ones from around 1998) and thats much more my thing so i want to try one. Skylines are fairly easy because there are very few variations between the models, and the ones there are, are also pretty easy to figure out. Its kinda harder with the Imprezas. A ****load of special models with different advantages, so i will ask your advise for which model i should go for.

So you can do that i'll give you some of my goals.

The car will be (if it not already is) heavily modified. The skyline had about 650 (crank) bhp and it will be the same kind of speed i am after, although i will not need as much power in an impreza as the car is much lighter. Everything else will therefor need to be upgraded to suit the power - and i am a grip junky, so it will be track oriented, not drag.

So which car is the smartest to buy if this power is the goal. For instance - if this and this model has an uprated tranny which cant handle 650 (or so) bhp then it may not be smart to buy that model (which probably is more expensive) as the part will need upgrading no matter what. Was that in anyway understandable?

I love the looks of the older GC8 2 doors the most.

And last but not least - if anyone knows of a suitable car, either stock, or upgraded (upgrades must suit my goals) thats for sale please let me know. My email is and@isologi.dk

Cheers from Denmark

Last edited by MaybeScooby; 11 May 2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 13 May 2009, 05:53 PM
JonnyA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably want to look at a classic JDM RA or similar.
Old 13 May 2009, 07:03 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I would have thought the best base for power in it's standard parts would be the bugeye STI?